GPS Unit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Unit???

Hey, any of you use a GPS device?? I was looking at prchasing a garmin etrex model (handheld), to use while kayaking, and I just wanted some feedback about whats good, and not so good. Also, what software (gps maps) are worthwile for the Texas Coast? Thanks!

Check out the lowrance h2o,
    Lowrance is a leading manufacturer of innovative marine electronics including Fishfinders, Chartplotters, Radar and Sonar. Find more fish easily.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

When kayaking with buddies, we use the waterproof Garmin RINO 110 and 120. They have a radio and GPS together so we can keep track of each others location. The 120 has some mapping while the 110 does not.

They have the capability of uploading and downloading waypoints and bread crumb trails, so you can see the route you (and buddies) have travelled. I've attached a jpeg of our tracking from a recent outing to East Matty. I've removed the waypoints where all the fish were caught, naturally...
      In any event, picking a model that allows the upload and downloading (with a PC cable) is extremely handy and the software is pretty much free online.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	central track east matty.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	553700
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

That is too cool!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I have a Garmin hand held I purchased years ago . I don't use it much , but , when I do , I use it for large , complex , new marsh areas and to mark specific areas like behind SLP that I want to find again .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
          X