No announcement yet.

1st time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget to use the Boating Forum to help you keep that rig running right.

Comment

So where did you go?

Comment

as posted on another thread on 3/4/12 at 6:56 pm "Had the boat loaded and ready to go, then my wife said "I am going to get a Rug Dr, YOU HAVE FUN". I just finished the up the last room and got the Rug Dr. cleaned up. My buddy that did go said he was into fish all afternoon. Oh well, there is next weekend."

Comment

Originally posted by Hesser View Post
          as posted on another thread on 3/4/12 at 6:56 pm "Had the boat loaded and ready to go, then my wife said "I am going to get a Rug Dr, YOU HAVE FUN". I just finished the up the last room and got the Rug Dr. cleaned up. My buddy that did go said he was into fish all afternoon. Oh well, there is next weekend."
          Good man!!!!

Fishing is always more enjoyable when everybody is happy.

Sorry I missed your other thread. You had so many suggestions and I was wondering where you ended up.

Comment

It looks like another weekend indoors. The weather looks bad.

Comment

Nope, I got up and it was raining hard so I went back to bed. Got up later, it was still raining so I went back to bed. Got up later, raining real hard with lightning and thunder, had a couple Bloody Marys and when back to bed. 3" of rain at my house Sunday alone, not sure what Friday and Saturday were, the rain gauge was full when I checked it.

Comment

The boat will get into the water this weekend.

Comment

I think everything is ready to make the 1st trip out this weekend. The boat is ready after getting the gps installed by Pat Wilson. Pat also cleaned up some reels and they have new line. I am over three weeks of the flu and upper respiratory infection and the weather, well maybe it won't thunder and lightning with 30 mps winds. Poppy and I are going out late morning but not sure where will be best. I'll check the morning surf cam for waves, check weather for winds and storms then try to pick a spot to launch and hopefully do some fishing (looking for REDS). Most of all I am looking for clean water to run the boat and learn some about it.

Comment

I would go to Lutes, Bastrop Marina, or 2004 if it were me.
                    Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                    (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                    4340 19th St.
                    Bacliff, Texas 77518
                    http://evansmarine.net
                    http://boatwerxtx.com
                    main@boatwerxtx.com
                    281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

put in at 2004 and headed toward bastrop. got about 2 miles from the ramp and the quick connect pisser failed. shot the male end out of the female quick connect. it was just too old (mental note... if it looks old, change it) made it back to the ramp, loaded back up and went to lowes. everthing is good now, replaced it all with new. headed back out.

Comment

5 trips out now, well over $100 in fuel and still not a single fish in the boat. HELP PLEASE. I can see fish, I can see other people catching fish, but I can't get one to take anything I throw. I see others on the forum catching with the same plastic baits I am using (I have not used live bait or fresh dead......yet) in the same areas at about the same time. Next trip is April 21, not sure where but if anyone wants to go with me and help put me on fish, I would appreciate it. Just let me know.

Comment

since not a single person wants to help,

LET THE POT LICKIN BEGIN ! ! !
                          I know where you are.

Comment

If it was all about catchin,it wouldnt be called fishin.Side's you didtnt want me to do a thrash on said rig,suffer my Peruvian fish hex.Just kiddin buddy it gets better!! Live Bait all day long it cant hurt,Go with what you know! Go Now ,Hex Remouved!!
                            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                              .....Hesser, the 21'st is a bit off but if I am free I might be available. Don't resort to "PotLickin'" as some will on purpose make sure there is a nice shallow reef between the deep water and where they are catchin' fish!!

Found that reef last week, thank goodness it was mostly mud. Thanks for the reply, looking forward to it whenever your ready.

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                              If it was all about catchin,it wouldnt be called fishin.Side's you didtnt want me to do a thrash on said rig,suffer my Peruvian fish hex.Just kiddin buddy it gets better!! Live Bait all day long it cant hurt,Go with what you know! Go Now ,Hex Remouved!!
                              I know the saying, but if I don't get some fish slime on the boat soon, I may take up basketweaving. Livewell and aerator working now, guess it's time to use it.

Comment

Working...
                              X