Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSN View Post
    did y'all go to the claypile?

and do you guys eat the cudas? I've heard it's delicious, I'm just worried about ciguetera poisoning
    I think we were near there... I wish I had written down the rig number. I can check GPS coordinates but will be a few weeks until I can get to the plotter.

Yan eats them I'm scared of that ciguetera stuff
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I've eaten barracuda and am just fine!

Actually, it is an excellent table fare, but ciguatera is definitely an issue but more so in reef environments.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

A cuda from the rigs is better than one from a reef like Flower Gardens. Also, don't target the bruiser mossbacks, just the good eaters like that one. Big one wouldn't even fit in the coolers anyways.

A lot more cig poisioning comes from amberjack, and I've heard of big snapper having it too.

You can always give your neighbors some fresh fish first. :rofl JK

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
          Also, don't target the bruiser mossbacks, just the good eaters like that one. Big one wouldn't even fit in the coolers anyways.
          While spearfishing, unless you're anchored to something, a big one will take you on a trip.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
            While spearfishing, unless you're anchored to something, a big one will take you on a trip.
            The only thing our guns are anchored to are us, then we release them & the guns are on the float line, return to surface fight fish as needed.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Coe,
              Planning on renting a house June 30-July4. Bringing the Grady White with me. Let's go out! Never been out of Galveston. Your boat or mine doesn't matter. If we get enough people maybe run out tandem. I don't know much fishing off shore in your neck of the woods. I know Port A like the back of my hand.

Let me know. Rob is down!

Comment

Nice job Coe!
                Now I am jonesing to get out there soon.
                The weather started getting rough...the cooler was full. There were Ice cold beers...waiting at the dock...Lol.
                Thanks for the report.
                They like shiny spoons...

Comment

Working...
                X