Camo's Birthday Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo's Birthday Trip

Left the ramp at 5:15 this am with some shrimp and Camo ready to catch some fish. Made the 1/4 mi run and he was screaming at me to get him set up before I got the trolling motor down.
    Caught trout of the first 4 or 5 casts and then anchored off for a while. Caught a bunch of small trout and then moved a hundred yards when it got light. I was baiting lines as fast as he could reel em in. He caught a couple of flounder (November Limit) at 16" & 18" and then got a prett good pull. It surfaced after a while and it looked like a red with no spot. Next time it surfaced I though I saw some purplish color so thought it may be a big trout.
    Finally got it in the net and it was the biggest Golden croaker I have ever seen in my life! 20 1/2" and almost 4 lbs.
    We got back to the ramp about 9:00am.
    Cameron's tally for the day: about 20 trout (kept 2 for dinner), a limit of flounder (retained also since it was his first limit and 1 Monster Golden Croaker.
    It was an awesome day on the water. I can't wait to get him in the water with me chunkin' tops!

Enjoy the video.

Attached Files
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

That is a huge croaker, looks like y'all had an awesome day.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Chip that might be a record for his age class.Great B-day trip.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Chip that is and will be the new record

Comment

Nice,nice and nice.Great job.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
            Chip that is and will be the new recordhttp://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...p?WB_code=2180
            Holy crap......that would be a jr state record......anyone know what I need to do to have it recorded? I guess I will call the tpwd tomorrow. Haven't cleaned it yet. Thanks Chris!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

No problem Brother!When i saw it i knew right away because a few weeks ago i was looking thur it.Good luck and congrats.I think there is all the info you need on there site.

Comment

Only thing better than a day on the water with a kid is a day on the water with a kid and an epic croaker catch. Congrats to you both.
                "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Very nice! "Dad, do you like my fish?!" LOL
                  Resident Ninja

Comment

Awesome Dad! I was thinking the same thing (record) and it's cool that you haven't cleaned it yet. I bet the magazines will have a good time with his story if you send it.

Happy Birthday Camo and Awesome Catch!!!

Comment

WTG Chip

Comment

that's one big fish,WTG Camo

Comment

Great job Camo & Dad!!
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice job, Dad!
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

He's gonna be a good fishing partner for a long time!
                              Scott
                              "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                              X