No announcement yet.

SUNDAY fishing report West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys ill keep posting them up. Ill get you much more detail as I'm going to try to attach a chart with locations. There's no big secret to most of these locations but techniques and presentations as well as lure choice really comes into play.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

SATURDAY FISHING REPORT
      Well gentlemen I have this week's westbay report. Today I got to fish with my absolutely best buddy and fishing partner. Sheldon Rendon age 6. Today's fishing report is dedicated to my little man. Mr Sheldon and I ventured out today right at Sunup. Today was a big day for this up and coming angler as he was using his first baitcater and nothing but artificial. He has spent countless hours practicing his cast with a lot of frustration, birdnests, and sometimes tears but finally got it down. So what better rod to have in hand but his brand new gloomis and curodo. His lure of choice was plum red killers with chartreuse tails on a 1/4 oz. Red eye jigs. He started me off today on a very slow drift over a light shell mud bottom on the reef side of tiki in 2-4 ft of water. Well success as he nailed a 26" slot red All On His Own from cast to net to pic which is posted below. I picked up a red or two myself but my biggest today only made 23". So we decided to hit some deeper water and he decided to tie on a solid red gulp and do a little flounder fishing. Well guys he got 2 at around 16". I only got 1. I swear that boy just lights my whole world up. No trout today. But seemed the colors are natural red killers, red and chartreuse gulps, plum plum and more plum, and chartreuse/orange bottom soft dines over shell mud and oyster bloomes in 2-5' for the reds and 6-10' on the flounder a few very small trout today in the 6-10' water but nothing to write home about.

Comment

Excellent report & photos! Congrats to the young man!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

I couldn't believe it. I thought he was hung for a second on a oyster bloom. He totally remained composed. All he said was I think I need the net. I had to give him a little hand netting his red but he really did all the work.

Comment

I see you are in Bayou Vista.. I have a place on Marlin. Hope to see you out on the water.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Im ironically on Redfish. We'll see each other I'm sure. If I get on them tomorrow on my morning wade ill shoot you a IM.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow. I'm at my place in Houston and won't be done again for a few days.., ready for some warmer weather!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Awesome way to put that boy on some fosht

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Fish even

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Great report!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Age 6 and hard core ! I love it .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Lost my ohone to the bay. Back online now. Yay guys he's awesome. I have so much fun fishing with him. He's my nephew. He spends a lot of time with me fishing.

Comment

Working...
                          X