No announcement yet.

motor just dies while running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

further more corndog if you are that persistant about terras problem and are so caring about the issue then offer him a hand

Comment

i wasnt tryin to cause a gear head throw down,its just that i am currently a professional outboard tech and have been one for several years, and yes the question i ask may sound rudimentary, but they really are a big part in the troubleshooting sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by rickg View Post
        i wasnt tryin to cause a gear head throw down,its just that i am currently a professional outboard tech and have been one for several years, and yes the question i ask may sound rudimentary, but they really are a big part in the troubleshooting sequence.
        Well,you did.lol. Hey no problem on this end,we are all trying to help.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

so yea knowing as much as possible before you start diagnosing is very critical , i was simply trying to keep a fellow WEA from visiting me at work because those visits arent cheap

Comment

i agree as an L1 master tech all info is important just like thursday i had a new ford pickup throwing cam sensor codes and a couple of other shops has put in multiple cam sensors then it came to me had no problems at all ran great and altenator was charging excellent but because of excessive electrical noise from the altenators diode it would trip a code for cam sensor and all that is from having all the info i can and then checked for common issues for the code, found one and then tested that area and diagnosis was done in ten minutes. which is the same idea dawg had, is know as a tsb or in some cases arecall

Comment

i have no problems helping some one and would be willing to when ever i could it just annoys me when some one is so arogent and pushy if u post it once and they dont listen then forget it u can lead a horse to water but u cant make him drink

Comment

Terra you getting fire to you spark plug wire when the motor dies?
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by o2ram4dr View Post
                  corndog do you really think its a good idea to tell someone how to diagnose ignition and fuel problems if u have to explain how combustion works nor should u tell them to put fuel in their cylinders giving them a combination that could be dangerous to their motor or to them. just think about it. u sound like u know a decent amount about motors but u shouldnt try to talk down to people that have far more experience and know what its like and how much more expensive it is after the customer has made it worse and has parts all over.
                  Well yes I do thats why I posted it.I am still wondering if terra is getting fire to the plug wires. I guess I am just simple minded. Any way I gotta go fish. Check back later. Thanks for the positive feedback.Give me a call if you have any ideas to get him up and running or if you want to go fishing. 832-435-5375.
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

dont get me wrong i totally agree with helping some one and i agree with what u said up untill u told him to pour some fuel into the cylinders. that is totally incorrect and if he were to put to much in he could easily bend a rod and im sure any professional would agree u do not put fluid directly into a cylinder then try to start it. the proper way is to spray in though intake in short burst while starting.

Comment

What about the poor guy with the problem? I am not trying to start chit but this has turned into a mechanics fued. Did you get your motor running OK? If so, let us know what You found out.
                      Beandaddy

Comment

No fued going on here,wew were just evaluating each ohter responses. He has not responded, so more than likely he put it in the shop. Thanks all for trying to help him.
                        Today is a new day!!

Comment

Just a quick update on Terra002's motor problem....I'm sad to report the motor was stolen....However thief was able to get it going using Corndogs simple mechanic suggestions.

Comment

So you got it going,what was wrong with it? Does it run good on your boat?
                            Today is a new day!!

Comment

the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Ain't no thief....but my E-Tec sure runs good and often...

Comment

Working...
                                X