No announcement yet.

Rigging some flounder lights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bert, I still need to run by there but this past weekend was hectic and I came back late Saturday. This weekend is not looking good either.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
      When you seal that pvc together, make sure to only use blue pvc cement and don't even consider RTV. Also scuff up the sealing sufaces and then wash them with soapy water before cementing. If you stay with those little starbrite lights, I believe they are already sealed in which case I suggest you just fit the assembely together without cement and take the rig to a swimming pool at night to see exactly what your light pattern is going to look like. At the pool or waterever body of water you happen to be using, you can then turn the assembely into the best postions. When it is set just right, carefully handle the rig without losing its positions and mark the joints with a black magic marker. Now you can cement it back together perfectly. If you go with the forward facing TTF style bulbs it will be criticle that they are water-tight.
      Good luck.
      Thanks Bert- Great idea... I'm contemplating making it not water tight and possibly seeing if I can get by w/o the TTF light to start off with. Unclehandy & I came up with this idea last night at the store...

Let's see if the HOA gets upset with my electrical system floating in their pool later

Comment

I can drop off my old 12v system at sandys for you fri nite. You can salvage parts from this light-bar assy such as tees and elbows and the bulbs are still good too. Let me know and I will do this if you can pick the stuff up from his place this weekend.
        281 772 8884
        leave msg for yes or no, or reply to this post.
        Bert
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

These are the lights.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Yeah, I will grab from Sandy appreciate it!

Comment

WEA, Look up Luxeon led lights, they are about 50-100X bighter than common leds and are 3 watts and come in any color. On ebay they sell them with the driver needed to regulate the voltage for about 9 bux. Would help keep the battery running longer.

NoBama

Comment

How would you mount these lights for underwater use? Not following....

Comment

You would have need some clear polycarbonate round or square tubing and caps from taplastic.com
                  Pardon the images.

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=276&

You can add an exta extensions to your pvc pipe. YOu would just have to use some type of sealant.
                  If your handy with cutting tools, you can fabricate a lexan square case and buy the LEDS on a PCB off ebay and also light up the ocean floor.
                  Last edited by PasadenaMan; May 28, 2009, 02:30 PM.
                  NoBama

Comment

Here is a cheezy diagram.
                    You would use some lexan ansd seal it all up to make a square enclosure.
                    Attached Files
                    NoBama

Comment

Working...
                    X