Gulp / Spinnerbait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galveston340
    .....they re-hydrate if you put them in the juice/preservative that is left after you eat those Vienna Sausages (UNBORN CALF) and it adds a different flavor to them. Sardine oil also works as well. Also after they dry out you can soak them in a puree of fish guts and use them again for fishing as well if you don't choose to eat them like jerky.

You can also soak the dried up ones that you might have missed in the water that you drain out of a can of that "Chicken of the Sea" and either fish with them or eat them.
    I always thought them vienner weinies was made of beef nostrils, snouts, saliva glands, and ground up gristle. Hey, good to know that they're not!

G340, with your help, I'm quickly becoming a Gulp artificial expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
      We through them in about 15' of water at a weir.
      Wait, is that 15 feet or 15 inches? I don't think there is anything 15 feet deep within my range!

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
        Gulp...... never used it in my life. I guess desperate times deserve desperate measures. I'm o.k. with a spinnerbait in Lake Livingston. lmao.
        Dang it, and here I thought I was doing good by using them arteefishals instead of croaker soakin'. I'm soooo confused. Last Thursday was the first time I ever bought gulp, Friday evening was the firsttime I ever used Gulp, and come to think of it, I was despearate!

There was this little 15 acre oxbow lake off the Trinity up there east of Votaw, we called it "Lake Jack williams" was filled with Cypress trees yet had some deep water too, banks all growed up with various vegetations and ferns, rotted logs fallen in the water off the banks, big ol' bullfrogs, and big ol' fiesty bass too. Man, I tell you it was akin to paradise for a teenager eat up with the fever back in the 70s. Some areas would be covered with that floatin' duckweed, but them bass would be under it up in the shallows sometimes, just cast in there amongst the cypress knees and BAM! The sppinnerbait was a favorite, mostly cuz that what I grew up fishing in the swamps cuz it was weedless and all. Productive too. To make a long story short, well, I think you know what I'm talkin' about.

Comment

I have no problem with what a man chooses for bait, friend. I always preferred zoom worms in freshwater situations. To each his own.

Comment

The impatience of youth I'm sure is part of the allure of the spinnerbait and them bass back in the day. As maturity came, graduated on to them plastic worms when it was justified... tap, tap, tap, let her take it, patience now, can't feel her, must be swimmin' right at me, take up the slack, take slack, there she is... NOW! And the fight is on! Woohoo!

Comment

Oh... you may not believe it, but them big ol' bullfrogs in lake Jack williams, they'd hit a plastic worm too.

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                ......get you some "Pro-Cure" as well.
                They sell that at Academy?

Comment

Holy cow they got alot of flavors! Some of them sound like they may be pretty good on Fritos.

Comment

keep em in freezer to keep fresh soak dry ones in water to remove from hook! they DO work
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I appreciate all the tips from everyone. There sure is alot to know about them Gulps(tm) as was brought out in this thread...

presentation, preservation, scentology, gastronomy, and even a bit of psychology. Good stuff

Anyways, looking forward to being out there pounding the waters on Saturday, throwing "pink shine" Guklps and chartreuse gulps and glow shrimp gulps rigged on jigs, on bass spinnerbaits, and gulps on those cheap clip on spinners, man I'm tellin' you 18 hours of gulp 'til my arms are wore out from all the casting.

you west end forum folks be sure to holler and wave me the bird as y'all go by! I'll have my camera with me, would be fun to post up the bird pictures on here! LOL! Just slow down enough so I can focus!

Comment

Heehee! If I get a bunch of photos, the thread title can be "Birds working all over Chocolate Bay!"

May be a change of plans. May have the day off tomorrow, so may be out there all day Friday. Will probably cut down on the number of bird photos. Maybe I should be out there both days.

Comment

JbV, wouldn't that be awesome?! LOL!

G340, that's good stuff! if I make it out there tomorrow, it will be in the afternoon. Hey, we can postpone, maybe do it next saturday?

I went out today, will do a full report in the Chocolate forum in awhile.

Comment

Working...
                          X