Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they are killer baits

Comment

The best colors for me last year and most years in the surf are Mirrorlures 51 & 52 series in CH11 & the Norcross CH.Even in sandy water these produced all summer.As soon as the waves drop hit the surf no matter the water color or temp.It is plenty warm for specks I catch trophys in 54 degree water every year.

Comment

Beleive that!

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
        The best colors for me last year and most years in the surf are Mirrorlures 51 & 52 series in CH11 & the Norcross CH.Even in sandy water these produced all summer.As soon as the waves drop hit the surf no matter the water color or temp.It is plenty warm for specks I catch trophys in 54 degree water every year.
        i have seen it! first hand many times..sneekypete is the MAN in matagorda he had 5 fish over 8lbs THIS YEAR that i know of! and i always get invited and my plans always change at the last minute with my job.. darnit! thanks for inviting me Rick! stay on em!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

I'll have to give those slow-sinking mirrolures a shot. With 9 hooks on each you think I'd be able to hang a few....

Do you ever throw topwaters in the surf? I started trying that last year, but only got 1 trout a few times.

How about fishing the first gut? Do you start at the first gut before daybreak like people say is best?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
            I'll have to give those slow-sinking mirrolures a shot. With 9 hooks on each you think I'd be able to hang a few....

Do you ever throw topwaters in the surf? I started trying that last year, but only got 1 trout a few times.

How about fishing the first gut? Do you start at the first gut before daybreak like people say is best?
            the fish sneekypete caught was in the first gut on topwaters in sandy water in the dark in the A.M tops are all i usually throw in the surf! i fish the mouth of the brazos as much as possible all summer! cant wait!
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

superspooks in any chrome color works for me in the surf. big ol topwaters to keep the little fish off. Always start in the first gut. My dad never gets wet and he always catches quality. He said he's too old to be fighting waves and getting tired. My dumb butt won't listen and will fight it out on the second bar with the sharks.

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                the fish sneekypete caught was in the first gut on topwaters in sandy water in the dark in the A.M tops are all i usually throw in the surf! i fish the mouth of the brazos as much as possible all summer! cant wait!

too many bozo's fishing in there now. Wish they would have never put up that new bridge. My and my dad would hammer the trout and flounder back there year round. Now that place looks like a parking lot almost every day. if you get a late start, don't even bother trying to go down there, its already full.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  too many bozo's fishing in there now. Wish they would have never put up that new bridge. My and my dad would hammer the trout and flounder back there year round. Now that place looks like a parking lot almost every day. if you get a late start, don't even bother trying to go down there, its already full.
                  yeah i go before work during the week! but when its on i go anytime! im the guy way out there! its always the same group of us every year there all good people! we always help each other especially when the jacks or sharks move in ! i cannot wait! you can join right in with us dude were probaly the bozos! naw but lets roll when it gets rite! when u going to blockade runners to drink cold ones?
                  Last edited by dbarham; March 26, 2009, 05:24 PM.
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                    yeah i go before work during the week! but when its on i go anytime! im the guy way out there! its always the same group of us every year there all good people! we always help each other especially when the jacks or sharks move in ! i cannot wait! you can join right in with us dude were probaly the bozos! naw but lets roll when it gets rite! when u going to blockade runners to drink cold ones?

nah, I am talking about the bozo's that set up on the bank and fish with 20 rods soaking bait. I'll be down there after work during the week. I don't do weekends over there. I usually take off here at 4 and in the water by 5-5:15. I like to fish about 50-100 yards away from the mouth though. I am going to BR this saturday with my son after his game. opening day. I need to get my topwater box from 007's boat before he starts chunkin them and I don't seem them ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                      nah, I am talking about the bozo's that set up on the bank and fish with 20 rods soaking bait. I'll be down there after work during the week. I don't do weekends over there. I usually take off here at 4 and in the water by 5-5:15. I like to fish about 50-100 yards away from the mouth though. I am going to BR this saturday with my son after his game. opening day. I need to get my topwater box from 007's boat before he starts chunkin them and I don't seem them ever again.
                      i go rite thru or around the end or over those bozos line and go on out there to the shallower bars way out! i use softplastics this time of year and usually in the jetty pocket quintana side. i use tops also but jigs seem better early for me. i do the same thing i usually get there around 4:30 pm if i dont go before work. depends on my crazy work hours.
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Cool, I'm pumped

This year I think I will try to break my live-shrimp addiction for surf trout.... but man I've had some good trips with those little skrimps. Too much trouble keeping them alive and waking up extra early to buy them though.

Comment

Is the mouth of the Brazos in between the jetties, or the river-looking thing that is SW of it?

Comment

Is the mouth of the Brazos in between the jetties, or the river-looking thing that is SW of it?

its south of the jetties.

Comment

i throw ss jrs when its calm and she dogs when its rougher and louder usually always black chrome
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

me 2

Cool, I'm pumped

This year I think I will try to break my live-shrimp addiction for surf trout.... but man I've had some good trips with those little skrimps. Too much trouble keeping them alive and waking up extra early to buy them though.
                                we will definately keep in touch we will find em!
                                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                                X