Galveston Rock Groins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Rock Groins

I know they are all different, but what general depth can I expect at the end of Galveston's rock groins?

Some of the more productive ones are around 5-6 feet deep.
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Depends on how far out you cast hoss..
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

rocks

Its not always about how far you can cast away from the rocks...i often stand at or near the base and fan cast toward the rocks, stand in the water and cast parallel or walk the rocks and cast parallel.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by castaway300 View Post
          Its not always about how far you can cast away from the rocks...i often stand at or near the base and fan cast toward the rocks, stand in the water and cast parallel or walk the rocks and cast parallel.
          Gee thanks man -- I was trying to be a smart arse..
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
            Gee thanks man -- I was trying to be a smart arse..
            sorry dude....i wasent taking a shot at you...

Comment

Just messing with you guys -- I was just trying to get Jason to bite... He must be bogged down in car parts -- or otherwise above my childish sense of humor..
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Alright, here is the long version.....

I fish with Abu Garcia Revo Inshore reels. They boast about the 24 lbs of drag and show guys catching near shore fish on Youtube. The reel even comes with a T-handle. I want to put it to the test in our waters. I want to hook into a bull red or jack crevalle this year. Last year, I had Marsh Rat build me an 8' rod with the backbone of a grizzly bear. I do not want to chunk lead and bait. I want to throw large lures for large fish.

I rarely visit the island and do not know the seasonal habits of the beach front. What do you guys think my chances are of catching large fish off the groins with lures? Does anyone on the board do this and would be open to a tag along?

Lastly, if your name is Len D., Marsh Rat gave me your name and number to call you. If you are a FWE member, shoot me a PM and let's talk.

Comment

big hair jigs tipped with gulp + jettys = big fish

Comment

Just remember to share the water with surfers! Please do not cast towards us!

Comment

Originally posted by Tidalguide View Post
                      Just remember to share the water with surfers! Please do not cast towards us!
                      I wouldn't dare.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                        I wouldn't dare.

they'd put up a hell of a fight and really test that drag and rod out. I'd at least think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                          Alright, here is the long version.....

I fish with Abu Garcia Revo Inshore reels. They boast about the 24 lbs of drag and show guys catching near shore fish on Youtube. The reel even comes with a T-handle. I want to put it to the test in our waters. I want to hook into a bull red or jack crevalle this year. Last year, I had Marsh Rat build me an 8' rod with the backbone of a grizzly bear. I do not want to chunk lead and bait. I want to throw large lures for large fish.

I rarely visit the island and do not know the seasonal habits of the beach front. What do you guys think my chances are of catching large fish off the groins with lures? Does anyone on the board do this and would be open to a tag along?

Lastly, if your name is Len D., Marsh Rat gave me your name and number to call you. If you are a FWE member, shoot me a PM and let's talk.

you missed the jack run about a couple or so months back. They will hit spoons and topwaters in the surf. Other than that, I don't know what you can catch right now off the rock groins without chunking bait.

Comment

Jason, let me know when you're heading down here and I'll come along. I've got a surf rod that I need to try out.
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                              Jason, let me know when you're heading down here and I'll come along. I've got a surf rod that I need to try out.
                              Sure thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X