• Time
  • Show
Clear All

​Way to go dude!! nice catch

Comment

awesome report thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
        So you caught a spec about every 150seconds !! AhhhhDamn!!! I'm loading my boat now!! Whats a mirrodyne ? Walmarts got any of them ?
        OK MIke.....here's how it worked out......since I flatten out the barbs on my hooks when I fish the surf, I considered the fish "caught" if I could touch the leader. Most of them got off and since I release them anyhoo, that worked for me. Truly, I quit counting after 40 fish, so maybe I exaggerated by a fish or two. Ask Johnathan....if you weren't getting a strike on every cast, you weren't trying.....I fished next to a fella and his 10-yr. old daughter and son using live bait and the kids probably limited out too. It was literally like shooting fish in a barrel. Get off your butt and meet me there tomorrow morning....I'll loan you a 'Dyne! HAR!
        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

I must do something wrong! I jumped in at 6:15 this morning, bait everywhere and only managed two blowup! Great report.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

What the heck! I jumped in at the same time and nothing! I guess trout don't like the west endanymore

Originally posted by Termo View Post
            I did the same thing today, Jonathan. Must have caught 50 trout....in at 6:15-out by 8:15 and they were still biting, but it slowed down. Out-fished the live baiters with my Mirrodyne again. Had to change hooks when I got home.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
              I must do something wrong! I jumped in at 6:15 this morning, bait everywhere and only managed two blowup! Great report.
              I believe successful surf fishing depends on 2 things....location and luck. When I waded in, as soon as the sun reached the horizon, the seagulls started surrounding my location and I knew I had lucked into the right location. Shrimp were jumping all around me (one actually hit me in the side of my face). I hooked a seagull on one cast and wasted a few minutes trying to get the damn thing untangled (he kept pecking me so I held his beak shut with my pliers while I dug out the hook and untangled him after I cut the lure off). One trout spit the hook about 5 yards in front of me and sent my lure sailing past my head, and as soon as it landed behind me another took it before I could turn around and jerked the rod out of my hands. Only about 20% of the trout I "landed" were legal keepers, but if one missed on the retrieve another had it before I could reel in. Man, it was awesome, since 99% of the time when I fish the surf, I come home skunked or disgusted.....I guess I was due for some luck for a change. I do know this, too...I didn't get a touch on a topwater (maybe because I went with OLD FAITHFUL after 5 casts of the topwater), but they are biting at or near the surface! Also, I didn't stay in one spot, but kept following the birds, wherever they went, I went (must have walked back and forth for several hundred yards. I think the lure of choice is a near-surface suspending imitation baitfish. I'm going again tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up......man I hope these conditions hold up or I'm back to the 99% rule............
              Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
              "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Good, that makes me feel a little better. I need luck . I might try it this evening or in the morning. Lots of bait!
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

"Epic Surf Bite"!! Great Description. I have been trying to tell friends at work today what the Sunday surf was like and that is exactly the way it was. My fish were not as large and not all keepers but i did manage some solid 17 to 20 inch trout with an attitude. They were were absolutely destroying my trout pattern Skitter-walk in the surf at Jamaica Beach. Trout chasing shrimp, popping the top and giving you a target to flip a bait to and they would slam it. Well over 25 trout in hand and several lost, walked in by 6:30 out by 8:30. The trout were still there just not as active when I left. August 3, 2014 will be an EPIC SURF BITE day on my calendar.

Comment

about right.

My wife and I went down to galveston to have a nice lunch for our anniversary. Of course I should have brought my pole but she would have whipped me with it.lol The surf was beautiful all the way from galveston to surfside birds working bait everywhere. I'm going in the morning to ss# 5/6. Hope I can post up some reports like yall got.

Comment

Working...
                    X