No announcement yet.

barometric pressures and trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well dam MIT. Had I of entered that tournament I wouldve won it hands down. On Sunday, me and a few buds went out to run the Bote and drink a few a beers. They used frozen dead shrimp on bottom and I used an assassin that I would work extra slow and then twitch really fast when I thought the time was right. Bet I caught 5 or 6 trout that all weighed at least 6.5 to7.25lbs. Sick that i didn't enter.

My buddy's all limited out on the shrimp but they weren't all that big and probably would've only won 3rd or 4th place.

Left em biting....got a big ol 3 finger dip of Copenhagen and popped open a cold beer and headed back to home. Always great being on the water with good friends too.

Comment

The best time to fish is when you can go . Who gives a rats rear on tides pressure and the alignments of the stars. The people I know that catch the best fish are the ones that fish every chance they can. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then . in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king! I'm bored I go now!!
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
        The best time to fish is when you can go . Who gives a rats rear on tides pressure and the alignments of the stars. The people I know that catch the best fish are the ones that fish every chance they can. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then . in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king! I'm bored I go now!!
        pretty much sums it up.

Comment

JT , I'm not so sure those fine trout ( congratulations by the way ) would have been there Saturday . The conditions were not the same . When we were fishing Saturday we said to each other that Sunday would probably be a good day to fish . An extra day of sun , lowering BP , water like glass at 1 PM when I was on the causeway heading home Sunday . But , I'll try your successful big trout technique next tournament .....enlist a couple of laid back beer drinkers and float around the bay drinking my ale while I fool around jigging touts not half way trying to be too intense . HAR! My way didn't work Saturday . Your technique is not only more successful but more fun .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

ROBALO , I forgot to track you down at the tournament . I was distracted by Bruce marching back and forth with a new armload of prizes . You should have emerged from the shadows and said hello .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
              ROBALO , I forgot to track you down at the tournament . I was distracted by Bruce marching back and forth with a new armload of prizes . You should have emerged from the shadows and said hello .
              Har!

Comment

Working...
              X