No announcement yet.

Newbie (where to fish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im going back for thanksgiving.. so im trying to find some good places before get back.. ima leave a day before class ends. what bait do you use while fishing at sportsman road or danas cove

Comment

So where do you park to walk to Dana's cove, in GISP?

Comment

Welcome and listen to these guys because they know what they are talking about. AP is the man and Chip is working his way to being the man

Let's us know how you do.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
          Right there. Jumbile cove is also good. Seabrook is a very good winter spot if you don't like to drive that far every time.
          I've always heard about Seabrook flats, but never have tried it. How do you get there and where do you park? What have you caught there? I live in Clear Lake, so that sure would be convenient and cheap as opposed to taking the boat out.

Comment

The lures I usually stick to are bass assassins.. plum or black works good, super spook jrs, she dogs and corkys along with corky devils..

Comment

TTU Wader... what have you caught there and whats the best time to go

Comment

Snake Island cove is a good walk in cove, east of SEA ISLE. You can park at the east side where the pier use to be. Only pilings now. Wade towards the shell snake island. Work shallow the deep zig-zagging until you find fish. It's one of the 5 big trout winter coves. Welcome to the site !!
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU FISHERMAN View Post
                  TTU Wader... what have you caught there and whats the best time to go
                  Trout, reds, flounder. I fish them all year. Seems like in the summer there loaded with smaller fish. Ive done good in them in the winter/spring. I know they produce in the fall I just dont get to fish in the fall that much.

Comment

welcome... another college guy i see, im in college as well.

Comment

Hey plugger?Is it safe to park around the old pier in Sea Isle without being towed?I used to have permission as a guest of several homeowners but they have moved since.I havn't fished the area except for boat in a couple of years.Thanks,Christopher.I'n not trying to post up there every weekend but do miss the easy wade in.

Comment

Oh yeah, you can park at the pier parking area without a worry. I see people parked and fishing from the bank or wade fishing and I know they are not residents.
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks plugger and good to know,Christopher.

Comment

is sportsman rd. around the moses lake area? i think i know where it is im ust not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by $peckmaster View Post
                              is sportsman rd. around the moses lake area? i think i know where it is im ust not sure.
                              No, it's off of 8 mile road on the west end of Galveston

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                                No, it's off of 8 mile road on the west end of Galveston
                                o thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X