No announcement yet.

Newbie (where to fish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a couple of Top Spots or is it Hot Spots local bay maps. They are well marked. There's also a book about walk-in spots along the coast, but I don't know the name. Seems like the guy that wrote it is named Ray.......maybe!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
      Get a couple of Top Spots or is it Hot Spots local bay maps. They are well marked. There's also a book about walk-in spots along the coast, but I don't know the name. Seems like the guy that wrote it is named Ray.......maybe!
      Ditto......Top Spot map shows everything! I still use mine all the time.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Christmas bay

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post

Just picked up that "walk-in spots" book the other day from FTU on the Gulf Freeway. This one is the newest one (I believe) and it is titled "Wade & Kayak Fishing on the Upper Coast of Texas" by Ray Crawford. You can also check his site at http://www.texascoastalfishingbooks....coastbook.html, but do buy the book as it is a wealth of information.
          Happy Fishin'
          Chicken

Comment

Hey good to see another Red Raider around...the longhorns are pretty natural at finding fat girls so they've got some good fishing advise...but if you want to have some fun i'll be back down by tomorrow...let me know if you want to fish....

Comment

Sit out around Dana's / Carancahua cove on a winter "big trout" tournament day to see where the best trophy trout fishing might be. Could run into some people that you know around there.

Ray's book is a good one. Mid Coast book is good too. FTU had some of the books or you can talk with Ray and he will mail you one the last time I talked with him.

Might look on TKF for sale under used kayaks if you wanted to find a used kayak. Some of the best prices has been around Christmas time. Figure 60% really good and 70% good prices off of retail cost for used kayaks. TKF is a big site for kayakers. Easy to rig one and everyone does it differently.
              Last edited by JimD; December 29, 2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X