X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks..ill see what i can do!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
      ................... Olympus makes some nice waterproof cameras that will fit in your shirt pocket.
      Just finished eyballing the next camera at Fry's. Pop and Pimp both have waterproof. I think the good one is little over 200$, they have a small one that is 12 megapixels and 5 times zoom for 139$. It's not waterproof, but neither is the blackberry that I took the pics with the day before. Bought a little dry bag that I carry with me, just have to be careful when I take it out for photo ops. I also saw a Fuji that was around 149$ that is waterproof. they will get cheap in the next few weeks when retailers see their numbers and get scared!! I'll be watching.
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Originally posted by extremewaderdude88 View Post
        man i need a camera to take with me to wade fishing but no room for my waders or anywhere...im afraid it might get wet
        I got a PENTAX waterproof camera for $300. It's suppose to shoot underwater pics and movies as well. I have it tied to a leash around my neck and tuck it in my waders . You DO want it tied to you somehow so as not to drop it. There are less expesive models . Look up my thread started by me asking " what camera do you use " to get the input I got before buying my camera.
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Here you go. September 8, under " help " forum, " what camera do you like ? " .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

This is what I got from Santa, Ha, now I can be like Chip

Comment

i had an olympus 790 waterproof and loved it. i lost it somewhere and just replaced it w/ an olympus 560 waterproof for 149 at walmart. the only thing i don't like about them is you have to reset the settings each time you power off. the default setting on autofocus doesn't take nearly as good of pics as the other settings do. the software is extremely user friendly and the resizing feature is super easy to use. i hope to have more of a review on the 560 soon,, but it does use the same software.
              michelle

Comment

I dropped my $$ on the Pentax Optio W80 at Frys'. they had it on sale day after Xmas, for 239, and since the only one left was open box, I got it for 215. Took a few land lubber shots already and it has some cool features, including 5x optical zoom. I picked it over the Olympus that I had seen primarily because the zoom was better and it was almost 150 less. I will give it the water test today and hopefully not be let down.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                  http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...3wp/index.html

This is what I got from Santa, Ha, now I can be like Chip
                  Yep.....That little one has done an awesome job for me with photos and videos!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                    Yep.....That little one has done an awesome job for me with photos and videos!
                    hey i didn't know you the fuji chip now i guess i'll have to take my new fuji back.....not.......i ordered the little silicon johnson for it.
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I'm in the market for a new camera too. Walmart is carrying the Olympus Stylus tough for $250.00. It's water and shock-proof. I would of gotten it, but the lines were way to long. Best Buy also has it at the same price, but you have to get in on-line.

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                        I dropped my $$ on the Pentax Optio W80 at Frys'. they had it on sale day after Xmas, for 239, and since the only one left was open box, I got it for 215. Took a few land lubber shots already and it has some cool features, including 5x optical zoom. I picked it over the Olympus that I had seen primarily because the zoom was better and it was almost 150 less. I will give it the water test today and hopefully not be let down.
                        I've been very happy with my Pentax Optio WPi. It's going on 3 years old and still works great. I've swam all over the reef in Belize and carried it accidently in some shorts while wading and never had a problem. I misplaced it awhile back, and went and bought the newer version, probably the one you have, and it too worked really well until i took it diving in Playa. Take it from me, when they say 10ft...they mean 10ft! Luckily, I found my old one right after that.

You'll be happy with it!
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Steve, the tough that wallyworld has is 10 MP, that's why I went to the Pentax, it's 12MP and 5X zoom. Both of the Tough models are 3.6X zoom. I can vouch for the picture quality and HD movie capabilities of the 12MP tough. Watched a DPop sailfish video on the way to the bay last week that was very impressive. didn't get to shoot any pics today, will have to give it the test later this week.

Comment

nice report.
                            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice report Steve. That green back Jimmy Houston plug is officially called the "Okie Shad" in case you didn't know.
                              I have taken lots of good trout on it over the years, as I am sure many others have also.
                              I gave one to your friend Henry (Plugger) in 1999 and it was the very first top water plug that he caught a trout on. Next time you see him, kindly remind him please!
                              By the way, I'm the guy that gave you the FishSlick stringer at the show a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by key lime kayaker View Post
                                Nice report Steve. That green back Jimmy Houston plug is officially called the "Okie Shad" in case you didn't know.
                                I have taken lots of good trout on it over the years, as I am sure many others have also.
                                I gave one to your friend Henry (Plugger) in 1999 and it was the very first top water plug that he caught a trout on. Next time you see him, kindly remind him please!
                                By the way, I'm the guy that gave you the FishSlick stringer at the show a few years back.
                                I remember the Okie Shad name, it just never felt right for me to call a lure by that name here... The day that I met Henry I think that I was throwing that plug as well.

I do remember you very well. Are you still making the stringers?? I have pretty much worn that one out, but still use it. I think that has be 6 or 7 years now!!!! Great product!

Comment

Working...
                                X