No announcement yet.

VICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there still a lot of oil on the beach and slicks in the bay and oil soaked dead birds from that spill last Spring?

Comment

I only asked everyone to see the show first (if they were interested and could access it) and draw their own conclusions about the use of these chemicals to disperse oil....I expected differing theories and opinions, but facts are facts and I tend to accept those from the people that were and are still affected by this incident in Louisiana. There is no happy endings in this case, but maybe there can be a better one in the next.
      Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
      "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

haven't seen it (VICE) but a personal friend of mine is a deepwater Production engineer and was to take over Macondo when it was completed, but alas, he did not due to human error causing the blowout.

My experience with BP is they are OVERLY safety conscious to the point of costing extra money-see H.I. A-1 P&A-two safety engineers, 12 hour daylight work only when lift barge is a 24 hour operation. I guess one safety engineer made sure at night folks slept well all night since no one worked during the night. A $1.3 MM P&A/platform removal cost 3 times its AFE cost and was BS to cost that much, but same stuff goes on with any major.

As far as the TV show, I take ANY so-called documentary with a grain of salt. "Gasland" was nothing but a trumped-up, bunch of lies made by Liberals to put a bad color on Fracing-and idiots believed it and still do. It was proven false and of course won awards as "Best Documentary" which just evidences the stupidity of Hollywood types.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Just being a lowly independent landman, I have very limited technical knowledge regarding the industry within which I have earned a living for the past 24 years. However, it has long been apparent that the so called "progressives", which include a high percentage of the Hollywood types have long considered "big oil" as a boogyman. I personally would not waste one minute of my time watching a documentary produced in Hollywood regarding the Oil & Gas Industry. Termo & others, I mean no personal disrespect to any of you at all, but when a so called documentary originates from people that probably have a pre-conceived opinion regarding the subject of said documentary, it will be slanted. As to the trout fishing this year, as of toda,y the temperature in the surf is still a good 4-6 degrees below the usual for this time of year and I think that is the problem.

Comment

too funny shutout. " Limited tech knowledge about the industry" Oil spills must be good for the eco system then......I mean surf temp has not changed. Too funny. I take it the land you own isn't beach front? No offense but were doomed.

Comment

Seriously I mean no disrespect shutout , I just think we all know were screwed, its just a matter of time before the saints come marching in. isn't that what were taught anyway from day 1. We need energy so nothing is going to change. Catch all you can while we have them.Ok off my soap box.

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
                too funny shutout. " Limited tech knowledge about the industry" Oil spills must be good for the eco system then......I mean surf temp has not changed. Too funny. I take it the land you own isn't beach front? No offense but were doomed.
                According to Termo's original post, the documentary at least to some degree referred to and delt with the dispersants used in the clean up process. I own no beachfront acreage, the fact is that for the past two years (last year due to late March cold snaps and this year due to an unusually long and cold winter), the surf temps have not hit and then held above 70 degrees at times on the calender that they normally do. So for the past two years the water temps for the month of May have changed with respect to their historical averages. Colder, so I'm sure the Hollywood types will say its due to global warming.

Comment

A ton of sargassum has washed ashore so far this year and about the same time as last year. Water temps are down (Global Warming I'm sure is why the water is COLDER THAN NORMAL, right Al Gore?). As far as dispersants, the microbes have been tested and re-tested by Gummint and industry.

One should be more concerned with the EPA's lack of action regarding the GOM Dead Zone caused by the farm/fertilizer runoff and pollution from the yankee-azz states that is killing areas in the GOM - of course not one peep from Comrade Obama about that but all heck on a damn pipeline (KXL)-if he sees no political gain, farge it and forget it is Obama's motto.

But to some folks, the sky is falling. Personally, I'd always believe Hollywood stars-they after all, are geniuses one and all and hold degrees in all sciences from all major universities, like Harvard, Yale, Vandy, UT, atm, Stanford and Rice, right? Surely if one played a doctor or scientist in a movie, one must be a doctor or scientist-maybe they stayed in a Holiday Inn Express?
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                    A ton of sargassum has washed ashore so far this year and about the same time as last year. Water temps are down (Global Warming I'm sure is why the water is COLDER THAN NORMAL, right Al Gore?). As far as dispersants, the microbes have been tested and re-tested by Gummint and industry.

One should be more concerned with the EPA's lack of action regarding the GOM Dead Zone caused by the farm/fertilizer runoff and pollution from the yankee-azz states that is killing areas in the GOM - of course not one peep from Comrade Obama about that but all heck on a damn pipeline (KXL)-if he sees no political gain, farge it and forget it is Obama's motto.

But to some folks, the sky is falling. Personally, I'd always believe Hollywood stars-they after all, are geniuses one and all and hold degrees in all sciences from all major universities, like Harvard, Yale, Vandy, UT, atm, Stanford and Rice, right? Surely if one played a doctor or scientist in a movie, one must be a doctor or scientist-maybe they stayed in a Holiday Inn Express?
                    Great point about the "Dead Zone". One of, if not, the biggest state contributing to that runoff is Illinois. What party runs and which current president is from that state?

Comment

I was just trying to get my post count up!
                      Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                      "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Can someone please run down to the beach and tell me if theres still oil all over it? I was down there for the last 2 weeks but I was "tied up" plus I didn't want to get oil all over my white pick up truck... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                          Can someone please run down to the beach and tell me if theres still oil all over it? I was down there for the last 2 weeks but I was "tied up" plus I didn't want to get oil all over my white pick up truck... thanks
                          No, of course not, but there's an azz-load of seaweed!
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I hit high center driving over that stuff last week!

Comment

That aint seaweed, it's Colorado smoke from a scuttled runner.

Comment

Working...
                              X