More irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueDawg View Post
    I here you Boom. Luckily I am not in the oil business. I am in the Market Research and Advertising business. Because we are do Market research we were able to get ahead of the impact of Obamacare and minimize layoffs and then allow for attrition. Like I said we are running as lean as we can and are focused on our balance sheet. We need incentive to hire folks and start growing again so we can hire more people. I have to say we started under the Bill Clinton administration and did great flourished under Bush and then got slammed by Obama. So this is not a Democrat (Political affiliation) thing for me. Its the knucklehead President that has no clue that is hurting us and the rest of America.

Oh and if Hillary is elected we will likely shut/sell the company and I will fish full time with JT.
    I've thought about getting out but I guess that I will see if there is enough meat on the bone for us if that happens. I'd really like to ride this until we can go public or at least sell big and go home with a paycheck for life. I just have a hard time quitting on my crew. If I do get out I guarantee that I will invest in the ones who got me here and make sure that they are not left to be screwed over by the democrats.
    "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
    boom

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
      "compassionate rich business owners"
      No such animal out there.
      You have no idea so quit pretending that I have or have not helped poor people.
      I earned my pension,my SS and my Medicare. And none were ever ever started by a business or an employer until they had to, by hard working people, that made huge sacrifices for all of us.
      My grandchildren will hopefully have the guts and the will to make it in the working world. All the benefits and high wages will once again have to be fought for and force the employers of America to do whats right for workers.
      This is my last post to this pathetic thread. Ive had my say.
      if the weather holds my boat needs to be floated.
      The only pathetic thing is you and your warped ideas about how unfair America, and American businesses are.
      What alternative universe do you live in? It's the 21st century and a global economy. In order to compete for business, companies have to be smarter, more nimble, and more productive. Paying big union wages for quota workers isn't going to cut it. A whole lot of low skilled jobs are also going to be lost to robotics. Maybe SEIU can unionize the robots? I'm sure they'll try!
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

McDonald's is working on kiosks to replace the $15/hour wannabe's.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Kenny you are correct. Do you recall the logistics company Central Freight? Well in the early 90's all the employees demanded they the company unionize. The owner warned the employees that the company will not remain solvent if he agreed to the union terms. He conceded the company went out of business in 14 months. Then the union workers decided they would do away with the union but it was too late. You are also correct unions will not work in a Global Economy too much non union competition.

I wish MG would come back I appreciated his perspective.

Comment

Mc Donald's clientele is the poor. So who is it really going to hurt? The poor will vote for the people that feed them every time even though it's the same people that plan to slaughter them.
            "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
            boom

Comment

Working...
            X