• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	trimmotor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	560457
    This is what im working with. #19 on the diagram is what im trying to beat out right now.

Comment

You'll probable be better off trying to press it out rather than beating it out. Go to Autozone/Advance and rent a balljoint press or something similar if they have a smaller press. Then find a small socket that will fit inside the outer case but not fall in the bushing you are trying to get out.

Squirt it with some pb blaster or liquid wrench and let it soak for 30 minutes or so and then press it out. I bet once it starts going, it'll come out easy once the initial bond is broken

Comment

Originally posted by GregG View Post
        You'll probable be better off trying to press it out rather than beating it out. Go to Autozone/Advance and rent a balljoint press or something similar if they have a smaller press. Then find a small socket that will fit inside the outer case but not fall in the bushing you are trying to get out.

Squirt it with some pb blaster or liquid wrench and let it soak for 30 minutes or so and then press it out. I bet once it starts going, it'll come out easy once the initial bond is broken

Thanks! I will give it a try.

Comment

HA! Finally found a seal kit on e-bay for this thing.

Comment

Did you open the fill bolt to relieve the hydraulic pressure?
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Back to work on this project

First off, sorry for the long break on this post. I have been working on other projects around the house.

I did get the T/T unit off of the boat. Got a kit for the ram cylinder installed, and put the unit back on the boat. Still does not work. Added fluid to the reservoir, but the fluid does not move from the reservoir to the ram cylinder.

The motor is working. I could look in the fill hole and see the drive shaft spinning each way (up, and down). Took unit back off boat and dissasembled again. Now I'm looking at the valve body. here are some pictures of the valve body, and some of the inner parts.

Name:	VALVE BODY.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	560964

Name:	VALVE BODY DISSASEMBLED.jpg
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	560965
              I was told that these things cannot be rebuilt. Once they go out they are out. Is this true?

There are some o'rings that I can replace. None of the metal parts seem to be damaged. There were no shavings in this valve body. Just wondering if I replace the o-rings will this unit be good to go?

In the following pic is just one set of spring, and hexagonal needle valve (don't know the true name of this part).

Name:	SPRING NEEDLE.jpg
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	560966

Name:	VALVE BODY NEEDLE.jpg
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	560967

^^^ There is a flattened out o-ring around the nipple of this (needle valve?) Has anyone seen these before?, and where can I get them? There are a total of three of them in this unit.

Again any help on this subject would be much appreciated.

Comment

THIS IS A PILOT CHECK VALVE. STILL LOOKING FOR ONE ONLINE, OR JUST THE REPLACEMENT SEAL WOULD BE NICE.

Comment

wow. No way I could tear down anything like you did. Hope ya get it worked out!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                    wow. No way I could tear down anything like you did. Hope ya get it worked out!

Me too. I'm just trying to do the DIY thing, and save a little money, but oh my gosh this is taking forever... I haven't been on the water fishing since last October.

Comment

Working...
                    X