No announcement yet.

Trailer running lights question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring it over to my house (seriously)...we'll figure it out.......I work for beer. Probably a 1 beer job, but I think with your help, we can stretch it to a 12 packer if we talk about fishing enough! HAR!
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

We'll , I'm more an electrical moron than yourself . I don't understand the explanation of the problem . You talk about the trailer lights and the the running lights ... Running lights on the boat , right ? What does the boat lights have to do with the trailer lights ?
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	lighting_dia_1.gif
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	561035

Henry,
        He is referring to running lights as ( side markers, rear markers, and tail lights)
        They work off the Brown wire. Those are the lights not working.

The Brake, left blinker and right blinker run off the Green or Yellow wires.

White is used for grounding.
        Corrosion and/or poor grounding creates big problems.

Comment

I had problems like that and changed out the plug. It was probably corrosion. Worse case scenario take it to U-Haul and they will fix yours or put on a new set. It is comforting to know your lights are working properly while towing your boat. Good luck!
          Fishwhisperer

Comment

Thanks , Dale . Running lights are trailer side lights .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

yall were all correct! It was indeed the ground. I had to grind down some of the galvanizing and rust so the bolt made better contact. Munchos gracias.

Comment

Working...
              X