No announcement yet.

Newbie - some help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I open my boat hatches, I marvel at the amount of money I have wasted over time buying fishing crap. Of course, I never get rid of any of it.....I might need it!
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Welcome RedWader. Sent you a PM. I'm going this Saturday. Hope you catch a lot of fish with the experience from this site. A lot to learn here. I've said this many times, there is always one person who is always catching fish. Look at how they are holding and moving their rod and the speed on how they turn their reel. Learn from the best, and it won't take you long to learn. I learned from watching this one gentleman, I modified his motion, and I've improved my fishing. There's a lot of smart people here. Learn from the people that are Great with topwater, jig heads, spoons. Lord Bless.
      robert
      And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

WELCOME !
        Most bay places don't have a sudden hole to drown in . The surf and passes like San Luis Pass are a different matter . Drop offs and strong currents can kill you at the passes and rip tides and trying to get to the third surf bar can as well . I wear a foam wade belt like a water ski belt that will float my bulbess self . An inflatable life vest is another option .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hello All,

A quick Update about our first wading trip: A friend and I waded Christmas bay this past Saturday, did not catch anything. But it was a good experience to be wading. Our first spot was just south of Arcadia reef. We only took about a couple of steps into the water before we saw a Stingray with a tail more than a foot long! It kinda scared us and we did not know if it is normal or if it is just beginners luck. Anyways we proceeded to wade in bit, but we did not get any bite and it was real muddy. So we got out of that spot and tried the spot near Ernies bait camp and waded in a bit towards Churchill Bayou. It was already 10:00 AM and no bite there either, but it was a good spot to get our first proper wade in, just like JYC suggested. We will get out there wading again soon. Thanks again for all your help and give me shout out if any of you would not mind us tag along with you on your wading trips.

Red-Wader

Comment

Working...
          X