468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furthest West Place on the Island that has Live Bait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
    Jerry's and Becky's place by Nates has larger shrimp then Rusty Hooks by at least they are back in business after IKE. I was there last weekend and both places has plenty.
    Oh, I agree with the larger shrimp at the moment. My dad's girlfriend came over with some and let me tell you... she left them for bait. They made a really good dinner... FOR ME!

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys.

And when you say 5:30/6:30 are you talking about AM or PM?

Also...does anyone have the phone numbers to Rusty Hook, West Bay Bait and Tackle?
      Last edited by GHSmacker; April 17, 2009, 12:04 PM.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by Unclehandy View Post
        Is it the secret one that you took a pic of, with the houses in the background for a nice reference?
        I don't know what you're talking about....haha.

No, we won't be there, we'll be down the road aways from that.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

rusty hook (409)737-2477

west bay bait and tackle (409) 737-2908

these are the numbers i have, i havent called them since the storm though..
          Boats and hoes.

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
            Thanks for all the help guys.

And when you say 5:30/6:30 are you talking about AM or PM?

Also...does anyone have the phone numbers to Rusty Hook, West Bay Bait and Tackle?
            It's PM. they close about 5:30 to 6:30 pm each day. Being on the island I've had my wife say "go get some live bait" and it's 7 or 8 and I just smile and give her a lure. She's learning.

Comment

You should just smile and give her a castnet

Comment

If I give her a castnet she may give me a hook hahahhaah
                One hurdle at a time. On the other hand my grandaughter, 7yrs, can cast about 3/4 the canal, consitently!!! it's one of the larger canals too. She's a natural and loves to fish. I love putting her on fish with light tackle with a beer in my hand while the renters across the canal bottom bump and wonder how se out fishes them

Comment

I really do appreciate all the help guys...but with the storm this weekend we weren't able to get out.

I'll use all this info on a later date.

Comment

Working...
                  X