468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP or not to TRP....that is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy runs a yammie 150 trp on a Majek...they will definately outperform a 1 prop motor, and his majek will run scary skinny, not sure about getting up in 4 inches. Only draw backs I see is the gas mileage sucks compared to my 150 Optimax(and I'm running a much heavier boat), cost a little more to rework props too; but they will scream...

Comment

Absolutely if you want to run really skinny and get out of the hole quicker. But after seeing your boat and adding the 150, I would invest in a good 4 blade prop before I spend that kinda money. It's going to be a rocket as it is with the 150. Did you sell the 90 Yamaha?
      Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
      (AKA Evans Marine Services)
      4340 19th St.
      Bacliff, Texas 77518
      http://evansmarine.net
      http://boatwerxtx.com
      main@boatwerxtx.com
      281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Did someone say mud?!

Let's get skinny!!!

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Trp all the way

Comment

I'm cornfoosed dat too o' da bestest fisherpeeple on dis cite don' nowe wut a TRP is. Day bin living unner a rock or summethin?
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I ran a TRP Yamaha many years, almost cried when I sold it. Just a word of caution you'd better be sure what's under the boat at speed. A bent shaft will set you back some BIG bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by evansmarine View Post
                Absolutely if you want to run really skinny and get out of the hole quicker. But after seeing your boat and adding the 150, I would invest in a good 4 blade prop before I spend that kinda money. It's going to be a rocket as it is with the 150. Did you sell the 90 Yamaha?
                No i didnt sell it yet, im going to wait till this motor's on and run it a few times then ill be sure to let you know so you can sell the Yami.
                Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
                John Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  Did someone say mud?!

Let's get skinny!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7PvpdrMjIg

Like i said before.....ridiculous. lmao. Just ask Jhua, when we fished the other day, by the time we got back to the ramp it looked like i had a gator tail.....my boat was covered in mud.
                  Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
                  John Wayne.

Comment

I've spent $10 at the pressure washer and still had mud all over my rig. Port Neches area is bad! But worth it when chasing the reds!

Issue around Galveston is that you have 2-3" of soft bottom in the good areas with a hard sand under it. Sand is not a motors friend!
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                    X