468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Conditioning: Who grew up without it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That television was for people with money. I remember that we would walk down the street to a neighbor's house just to see the Wizard of Oz in color. I thought these people were rich but what did I know, I was only 9 in 1961. I never had shoe's on unless I was going to church or school, talk about tough feet back in those day's, we walked every place we went.
    Last edited by Williep; April 24, 2012, 08:22 AM.
    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Well before you know it, Kennys gonna chime in about his expierences in the War Between The States...And later when they invented the Steam Engine, indoor plumbing etc...

Comment

Originally posted by B&P View Post
        Well I'm still hardcore when I'm at the lodge alone I don't use it. I don't use the truck AC either. When the gf and kids are around I'll turn it on, but other wise I refuse to get acclamated to it.

the a/c in my truck went out a couple years ago. I still ride that way to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
          the a/c in my truck went out a couple years ago. I still ride that way to this day.
          Tightwad
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

I never remember a time without a color TV. I do remember that the only color TV we had was in our living room. I think we were the only ones on our street who's parents had a TV in their bedroom. A 2 TV family in our neighborhood meant you were rich. I was 9 when my parents allowed me to put the 12 volt black and white TV we brought to the camp in my bedroom that Summer. Some guy had put his old car battery out on the curb and I brought it home. It would run the TV for hours, then I'd charge it with my dad's battery charger. I think Dad was proud of my ingenuity. Of course I got it taken away as soon as school started when I watched TV one night instead of doing my homework. Darn Fantasy Island. It was the one where Mr. Rourk had the guy on the island who wanted to hunt humans.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
              ....Williep, I remember when we would be running around and get melted tar stuck to our feet in the summer from walking the roads in our neighborhood as well! Mom would raise cain if we came inside!!
              Lot of memories here. How about those summer evenings when the truck spraying/fogging for mosquito's would come by, we would jump on our bicycles and follow him for a long way's, couldn't see a thing and breathing in all that stuff, I think that's what's wrong with me now. LOL Those sure were some good times.
              A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Working...
              X