Braided Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided Lines

I have been using SpiderWire for many years Braided & Mono Filaments, Time to change out spools any New Ones I should think about? Thnx

I've been real happy with the Suffix braided.

Comment

Cool I will go check it out! Thnx

Comment

Originally posted by Dondo View Post
        I've been real happy with the Suffix braided.
        2x

Comment

P line

Comment

power pro. all the others suck.

Comment

Power Pro Super slick 8 I used to not like braid till i tried this

Comment

Friends don't let friends use Power pro ...

Suffix in anything 30lbs and higher when it comes to braid

I have heared of other brnads being ok ... just have not tried

Seagaur had their brind on sale at academy .... they make the best leader line!
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

either regular suffix (it's the easiest to get backlashes out of) or FINS Windtamer. I find that i got the best distance with the windtamer along with good backlash removal. I like both.
                  t
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

I recently bought Berkley NanoFil line for my Cabo Spinning reel and it is great very smooth and long casting, Altough it is not a braid. I was actually surprised how well it worked. I caught a two and a half foot lady fish on it a few weeks back

Comment

Fins windtamer all the way!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                        Fins windtamer all the way!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

12 lbs andie is the way ,real sweet....
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I tried FINS windtamer and didn't like it at all. I use Suffix 20# the most. 20# Power Pro works Ok after it's broken in, and for the price it'll do in a pinch!
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

All that braid is basically the same stuff, and most fishermen upgrade their braid well over a line strength of 12 to 17 pounds so quality doesn't matter all that much. About the only help is on various coatings or stuff to prevent wind knots and that's it. Spectra is made by Honeywell and Dyneema is made by some oddball European company named DSM. That's all you get.

Shimano bought out PowerPro and for about a year or two had production problems over in the Orient, which they fixed several years ago. Today it's good stuff. You can pay more for Sufix and so forth, but why? Sufix made a name for a high quality IFGA offshore tournament mono line, not super-braids. Their mono is rated about 30% higher than what the line test says - but not the braid.

Comment

Working...
                              X