468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOST CURADO 50 and CASTAWAY ROD - Good story too!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOST CURADO 50 and CASTAWAY ROD - Good story too!!!

Over this weekend I lost a Curado 50 and a Castaway rod. I actually didn't lose the rod but it was a 'seasoned' fishing buddy who lost it. I say seasoned because I was told prior to him coming on the boat that he'd fished for years and was almost a fish himself. So loaning this gear was not a big deal in my eyes.

If you catch a large fish in the Eagle Point area that has a hook in it's mouth and is attached to a Castaway Rod which has a Curado 50 on it that's mine!! The fish would more than likely be either a big Red or a large hardhead as that's what we were pulling in at the time.

My 'seasoned' fishing buddy sat the rod down in the boat without securing it and left the baited line out. It took him about 20 seconds to grab a fresh beer and put it in the koozie when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash and then heard a plop. This flash and plop just so happened to be my $200 worth of gear(not to mention the Boca Bearings) swimming away at an extremely fast rate.

So if you catch that fish please let me have my rod and reel back!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. We lost the wifes 808 this weekend in the same manner, except she was lighting a cigarette at the time. I wonder how many fish there are with fishing poles. lol
    "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

I call getting a new beer, lighting a smoke or looking away the "Sure Fire Method"-fish seem to always hit when not paying attention.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

9x out of 10 A BIG fish will always hit when you are not paying Attention! It seems like we all learn a lesson the hard way!

Comment

just like dove hunting. If nothing is flying, set your gun down and take a piss. Guaranteed a bird will come over you
          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Yeah I lost a hopped up curado 100b with a 50 mg spool and arb bearings and braid on a stick em rod same way only I lost it!! I was amped:beer:
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
              Yeah I lost a hopped up curado 100b with a 50 mg spool and arb bearings and braid on a stick em rod same way only I lost it!! I was amped:beer:

por pendejo

Comment

I sometimes will try to intentionally not pay attention but I think the fish can sense it as I've never had any luck that way.

Fortunately my buddy is going to repay me for the reel. I feel pretty bad about it but that's the way it goes. I'll have to now admit that I left a Daiwa Coastal on my T-Top and took off without putting it in the rod holder.... Counted my rods at the next stop and it was gone. I now count them before I take off!

Comment

Originally posted by FischerAngling View Post
                  I sometimes will try to intentionally not pay attention but I think the fish can sense it as I've never had any luck that way.

Fortunately my buddy is going to repay me for the reel. I feel pretty bad about it but that's the way it goes. I'll have to now admit that I left a Daiwa Coastal on my T-Top and took off without putting it in the rod holder.... Counted my rods at the next stop and it was gone. I now count them before I take off!
                  I hate those reels not near as big of loss as the shimano lol
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

I too was in that area sat and today the seven trout we caught sat or the seven trout I caught today did not have a rod attached to them.I did how ever find a plastic rattle cork with nothing attached I would really like to help you bro.

Comment

That happened to us one day on my boat except the rod was somewhat secure & I was able to get to it before it went over...
                      My friend left it unattended too...It wasn't an expensive rig like yours though.. but it was one of my nicer reels for sure..

Comment

I guess we all need to take off work & fish that area until someone catches his rod & reel. I hooked a fish years ago at the jetties with a combo attached to it, a kids Zebco combo.
                        Today is a new day!!

Comment

That's a good idea to mark the area on Google! I'm going go try that. If you're familiar with Eagle Point marina I was literally fishing right outside the entrance. If you're going into the marina I was fishing to the right, anchored about 15 feet from the last breaker.

Surprisingly that's a good spot when the tide is rolling in as the water must rush through there and stir up bait. I've caught several nice specks there but mainly sand trout. More importantly it's a fun spot when you've had a crappy day as you always catch something!

Thanks for the support on the rod/reel. I hope someone hooks it!

Comment

No need to worry I can hook you up lol... I have a 50e and a castaway rod for sale lol 150.00...
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                            X