No announcement yet.

dead fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not what I would call a massive kill, but hundreds were washed up on the beach this morning from Sea Isle west.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dead Shad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	557757Click image for larger version

Name:	Dead Shad2.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	557758Click image for larger version

Name:	Dead Shad3.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	557759

Comment

I know the birds have been in flocks of 2 to 300+. Feeding on them in the surf
      75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

More dead shad this morning. Is's starting to get a little stinky around here. Anyone hear the cause? Red tide or ???
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Dead Shad 4.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	557760Click image for larger version

Name:	Dead Shad 5.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	557761

Comment

give it another day or 2 and the bigger fish will start washing up and really make the place good

Comment

Some guy on TOS says that the state has done samples and it's red tide. Man it stinks at the beach now!!
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
              Some guy on TOS says that the state has done samples and it's red tide. Man it stinks at the beach now!!
              I think it would be a good time to get all those "citizen policemen" and the other 200 or so regular JB police force out removing the fish. And it might be a good time for you to show your pride in civic duty and do the same. I know if I hadnt had to leave today, I was going to organize a grass roots movement in my neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                I think it would be a good time to get all those "citizen policemen" and the other 200 or so regular JB police force out removing the fish. And it might be a good time for you to show your pride in civic duty and do the same. I know if I hadnt had to leave today, I was going to organize a grass roots movement in my neighborhood.
                Nah, never mind. It's just too easy.....
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Lurefisher would you please urinate by the truck and not in the water.
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                    Nah, never mind. It's just too easy.....

Who said that kenny...it's so wide spread, I don't see how it'd be redtide. O2 levels being low make the most sense and pogies...heck, they even die in O2 baitwells most of the time!
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Sandy nailed it they are fragile and the lack of oxygen makes easy pick'ins for the birds.I heard somewhere the state is gonna do a study or investigation on this.What a waste of taxpayers dollars.Its was also posted somewhere blaming the shrimpers.geezs.News had peopl whinning about the smell on the beachStay home!
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Some anonymous person told me it was that massive BP oil spill that they never found caused all this!

Comment

I hate to see them dead fish go to waste rotting on the beach. The state ougta scoop up them dead fish and dump'em into chocoLate. Maybe at least we could get some crabs moved up into there.

On an alternative note, with that big low tide we had the other day, maybe some of them AmoCo toxins in chocolate done seeped through San Luis Pass to the Gulf? Lord I hope not.

Comment

Obamas fault!
                            Don't be a Nancy!
                            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                              Obamas fault!
                              yes
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Don't be silly! There ain't nothin' Obamas fault!!

Comment

Working...
                                X