No announcement yet.

dead fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went offshore today and saw them for many miles out...amazing how many there were
    sigpic

Comment

Do I qualify for any FEMA assistance due to the devastation?
      I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

not enough Oxygen
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Took a ride down the seawall between Pleasure pier down to Miller's. No sign of dead fish, only tourist. Hopefully they'll leave tomorrow where I can get down close and take a good look. Hopefully, no dead fish but it ain't sounding good.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
            Took a ride down the seawall between Pleasure pier down to Miller's. No sign of dead fish, only tourist. Hopefully they'll leave tomorrow where I can get down close and take a good look. Hopefully, no dead fish but it ain't sounding good.
            It's a sign from the Gods...Vote Republican!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
              It's a sign from the Gods...Vote Republican!

Comment

Usually this time of year the pogie boats out f Cameron, La. drag for them and some get through netting, culling, etc., but if Tran Cat saw them way offshore, there may be a different reason. May be in a dead zone...

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
                  Usually this time of year the pogie boats out f Cameron, La. drag for them and some get through netting, culling, etc., but if Tran Cat saw them way offshore, there may be a different reason. May be in a dead zone...
                  Correct -- Every summer when the water heats up there is an oxygen depleted "dead zone" in the GOM. Generally it's larger off of Louisiana and tail down toward Texas. Shad are extremely fragile and one of the first species to succumb to low oxygen levels. Nothing magic or evil going on here -- just mother nature and possibly a little help from farm runoff etc...

Created by Monica Bruckner, Montana State University Where / Causes / Effects / Remediation / Resources Where Are the Dead Zones? Dead zones can be found worldwide. The Gulf of Mexico dead zone is one of the ...
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                    Correct -- Every summer when the water heats up there is an oxygen depleted "dead zone" in the GOM. Generally it's larger off of Louisiana and tail down toward Texas. Shad are extremely fragile and one of the first species to succumb to low oxygen levels. Nothing magic or evil going on here -- just mother nature and possibly a little help from farm runoff etc...

http://serc.carleton.edu/microbelife...one/index.html

Whats ironic...about a week ago, I heard on the tv where the dead zone in the Gulff was actually smaller this year because of more rainfall feeding the Mississippi...I still blame the nagging Westerlys we are having!
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
                      Do I qualify for any FEMA assistance due to the devastation?
                      LMAO
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                        Shad are terribly fragile fish.

Lurefisher, you have new competition.
                        Hold dit hold dit just one durn miniut here ,Istudy hurd for my sb tittle i be dang if ii give it up Coach . Taaka pee does kill fish ...
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

We where down there Kite surfing this weekend and woke up Saturday to thousands of dead fish on the beach. We asked the scientist or who ever was taking notes and samples what was going on, they said the oxegen levels where low! But only seen shad and a few mullet, why not other species?
                          Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                          (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                          4340 19th St.
                          Bacliff, Texas 77518
                          http://evansmarine.net
                          http://boatwerxtx.com
                          main@boatwerxtx.com
                          281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

All the hot air Obama spews lowered the Oxygen levels and killed the menhaden-now if he could only do that to his voter base and all those "Entitlement" folks die like "Peggy Joseph", I wouldn't mind the stench.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Pirates plans on clearing the beaches...
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Man the local channels are wearing the dead bait news a new one!Geez!
                                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                                X