No announcement yet.

first hand west end report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man with work and night school I won't be able to make it down there until at least Thursday evening or Friday...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      Coe......we're heading down to Sea Isle on Wednesday when they start letting people back on the island. Are you gonna be there?
      I just got a good google pic of my buddy's house and it looks just like it did when we boarded it up. The bbq pit that we layed down in front of the house is still in the same spot. There is no sign of any debris anywhere on his lot but there is at his neighbors' next door. We'll see Wednesday.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Mike, when you get back post up your report and photos... Hope everything turns out ok!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          Mike, when you get back post up your report and photos... Hope everything turns out ok!
          After watching all of the traffic yesterday we decided to wait until tomorrow.

Comment

Yah, were going tomorrow, going to run the house on a couple of generators... Where are you going to be? Sea Isle?

Comment

Yah, were going tomorrow, going to run the house on a couple of generators... Where are you going to be? Sea Isle?
              Roger that!! 4th house down on Matagorda on the North side of the canal.

Comment

Went down to Sea Isle yesterday and stopped at Beach Bum Bailey's 1st. He's got quite a bit of work in front of him...the down stairs living quarters are toast. Went on down to Sea Isle to inspect the damage and to my surprise the whole subdivision fared pretty good with the exception of the bay front homes. Got to my buddy's house to find very little damage. His top deck of the boat stall was missing one rail and that's it. We took all of the pics with a disposable camera and will post them up when we get the disk back. He even had power. According to the watermark on tha back door he got 6' of water. After all of the clean up I managed a 22" red on a new penny gulp.

Comment

lol come on 007 you shoulda stopped by my place! We were slinging sledges all thats left of my downstairs are studs!

Comment

lol come on 007 you shoulda stopped by my place! We were slinging sledges all thats left of my downstairs are studs!
                    I'll email you the redfish pic so that you can re-size it then post it. PM me your email address.

Comment

Originally posted by westendangler View Post
                      Lol come on 007 you shoulda stopped by my place! We were slinging sledges all thats left of my downstairs are studs!
                      don't ever try to hit me with a sledge hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol e-mail them to pictures@fishwestend.com

Comment

Went down to the west end to try to salvage some lumber for Coach Law's camp and ran into BeachBumBailey at his house. He was having some fun on a bobcat clearing the MASSIVE pile of debris from around his house. From the 4 days since I'd made the trip to Sea Isle I could tell that all of the trash piles were getting smaller. There are more and more people getting down there to clean up and get things back in order. I still can't believe that my buddy had power at his house. Water looked great and we were kicking ourselfs for not bringing our fishing gear, but we were on a mission that was pretty sucessful I might add.

Comment

Can I drive to the pass yet? I can only guess the road, Blue Water hwy is washed out at places.

So far the only place Ive launched is dickinson bayou and have run up into the flood gates...Im really wanting badly to launch at that Brazoria county park at SLP.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                            Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

You can drive it 2112... Unclehandy said that there are white steaks marking the road, washouts with big drop offs where the road washed away for 4 miles they said you have to go down the beach cause there is no road... Drive slowly do it during the day and stay in between the white stakes, before they put them up a state trooper went into one of the washouts they said... You can make it from Galveston side...

Comment

Man, thanks for the real time info!
                                I don't think I can trailer my flounder rig through those conditions, wash-outs but I think I can make it down a 4 mile stretch of beach. I've got a weeks worth of time coming up to be free after this Friday so If you or crappieman want to make a night / gigging trip, conditions permitting I should be all a go.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                                Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
                                X