No announcement yet.

first hand west end report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are working to get power restored to our place, but my buddies place in Palm Beach has power so I might be able to crash there and jump aboard... Appreciate the offer and I'm sure Jason (Crappieman) would be down...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

How'd the development at the Pass fair? I always thought that was the worst place to build.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Talkin' about Treasure Island Monte? If so, I didn't go down the canals. There's a lot of damage on the lower levels. Boats left in slings are toast. Roofs damaged and stuff like that, but all in all, they seem to have fared quite well.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
          Talkin' about Treasure Island Monte? If so, I didn't go down the canals. There's a lot of damage on the lower levels. Boats left in slings are toast. Roofs damaged and stuff like that, but all in all, they seem to have fared quite well.

No Sandy, over on the Galveston side on the peninsula. The ones responsible for taking my driving priviledges away from the Rusty Hook on down.
          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
            No Sandy, over on the Galveston side on the peninsula. The ones responsible for taking my driving priviledges away from the Rusty Hook on down.

Don't get me started! I use to enjoy that drive...

Comment

Didn't mean to hit a nerve there Monte
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post

Don't guess theres a problem now???????
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  That exact subject on the exact stretch of beach got me banned for more than a year at the other web site ! I too, am very passionate about that beach and I should just shut-up right now.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                  Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

No need to stop... I'm upset they took away our driving rights on the beach but it was bound to happen... I think they should allow it like Jamaica does that on weekends and holidays no driving on beach any other time is okay... Can't tell you what a PITA it is to have to drag 5 surf rods and 20lbs of gear down to the beach when we used to pull up and use the truck as our rod holders... Its also one reason SLP has gotten so crowded...

Don't worry about getting banned... I'm on your side I got some pull around this site lol

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                      Don't guess theres a problem now???????
                      No... lol no problem... Just mad b/c they took away my nice drive... I used to enjoy cruising from SLP to Rusty Hook on the beach... We used to make that drive grab washed up wood and build bonfires during the winter out there... We'd dig a hole 4' deep and fill it up with firewood anything we could find that would burn nice really...

Comment

Working...
                      X