468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTU boycott!!!! Fishing tackle unlimited sucks!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTU boycott!!!! Fishing tackle unlimited sucks!!!

IM SO PI$$ED! went fishing yesterday and caught trout all afternoon and hung into a 22" trout and my FTU green rod ( you know the one they charge $269 for so that you get a life time warranty... ) broke right above the handle. i was upset at the time but reassured myself good thing i went with the lifetime warranty. Anywho, went to FTU today to get it replaced and they wouldn’t take it back because he said " a little fish like that could not break a rod like this, and that i must have crushed it or something". this is however completely false, i always take very good care of my rods and even keep it in a pvc tube during travel and when not using so i know nothing happened to it. To top it all off the guy behind the counter took what was left of the rod broke it in half and said this is what a fish break looks like... i asked to have the owner look at it and he told the guy i was a liar and that it must have had prior damage and he would not cover it and sorry i was just out $269 bucks. i mean times are hard and stores are cracking down on fraud but this is ridiculous... so this is a warning to everyone out there DO NOT BUY A GREEN ROD FROM " FISHING TACKLE UNLIMITED " otherwise you may just end up with 3 pcs of a rod and a sad story to tell... i included a pic that i took with my cell phone just because i couldn’t believe it myself... But if anyone out there knows anything that could help i really would appreciate it... sigh...
    Attached Files
    Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Originally posted by mikey01 View Post
    IM SO PI$$ED! went fishing yesterday and caught trout all afternoon and hung into a 22" trout and my FTU green rod ( you know the one they charge $269 for so that you get a life time warranty... ) broke right above the handle. i was upset at the time but reassured myself good thing i went with the lifetime warranty. Anywho, went to FTU today to get it replaced and they wouldn’t take it back because he said " a little fish like that could not break a rod like this, and that i must have crushed it or something". this is however completely false, i always take very good care of my rods and even keep it in a pvc tube during travel and when not using so i know nothing happened to it. To top it all off the guy behind the counter took what was left of the rod broke it in half and said this is what a fish break looks like... i asked to have the owner look at it and he told the guy i was a liar and that it must have had prior damage and he would not cover it and sorry i was just out $269 bucks. i mean times are hard and stores are cracking down on fraud but this is ridiculous... so this is a warning to everyone out there DO NOT BUY A GREEN ROD FROM " FISHING TACKLE UNLIMITED " otherwise you may just end up with 3 pcs of a rod and a sad story to tell... i included a pic that i took with my cell phone just because i couldn’t believe it myself... But if anyone out there knows anything that could help i really would appreciate it... sigh...
    I have an inside connection at FTU......it may take me a day or 2 but I'm pretty sure that we can get it resolved.

PM me your # and I'll give you a call.........Mike

PS......I'm about to go fishing so it may be this evening before I can call you back.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Like I said on your post on 2cool rods just don't break down there, without previous damage. Not saying that you caused that damage, but something was wrong in that area. The other thing that catches me as odd is that the break is too clean. Rods I've had or seen break never are that clean. Right or wrong that may be why the guy at FTU said what he said. They are normally good folks, but this is a really odd case right here.
      Last edited by bountyhunter; August 25, 2009, 01:17 PM.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

sorry to hear that mikey they pretty much done the same thing to lurefisher on some waders! why dont they just send it back to CHINA where it was mass produced in the first place! I quit buying rods there when I was a teenager when they were on telephone rd. I used allstar and a fish broke it and some scholar was tellin me that was'nt possible when a guy from the back told him to STFU and gimme another rod I gave up I only buy the hard to find stuff there now and never spend any amount of$$ there. only reason I go there is because its on the way to Paul Browns house someone may be able to help!
        Last edited by dbarham; August 25, 2009, 01:18 PM.
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Dang sorry mikey i boycotted that store a long time ago i tried to return some waders they said no same kinda story you have,
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
            I have an inside connection at FTU......it may take me a day or 2 but I'm pretty sure that we can get it resolved.

PM me your # and I'll give you a call.........Mike

PS......I'm about to go fishing so it may be this evening before I can call you back.
            If you can help him 007 that would be great mikey01 is my cousin! and belive it or not he is one of the most honest fellas I know
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
              If you can help him 007 that would be great mikey01 is my cousin! and belive it or not he is one of the most honest fellas I know
              Like I said....it may take me a few days, but I pretty sure that we can get this resolved.

Comment

When I bought mine I was told it didn't matter how it broke just be sure to bring in the part with there logo on it

Comment

dang that sucks. I don't buy anything from there.

Comment

i had both pcs with me, now three pcs since he snapped it in half.... but i was told the same thing...

Originally posted by Shin-Diggin View Post
                    When I bought mine I was told it didn't matter how it broke just be sure to bring in the part with there logo on it

Comment

OK.....So if we boycott FTU and Academy, where do we buy equipment?
                      Sorry that happened to you Mikey.
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

ole longpoles giving you the business he is a lil pest!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

i had a rod break from acadamy and it was only $30 and they replaced it... i was told i had a lifetime warranty...

Originally posted by imhammer View Post

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                            I dunno I darn sure cant afford basspro!! I take my licks at academy!
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                              ole longpoles giving you the business he is a lil pest!
                              Give me a link Duane!!

Comment

Working...
                              X