468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTU boycott!!!! Fishing tackle unlimited sucks!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had two Laguna Rods break on me this month but they have alwasy replaced them

Comment

I rank FTU with Bass Pro Shops!!!!! They can both kiss my ARSE!!!!!!! Have not been in Bass Pro and spent a dime in years. But unfortunetly I half to go to FTU 2 or 3 times a year for reel parts ONLY. FOOK both of them!

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
        I rank FTU with Bass Pro Shops!!!!! They can both kiss my ARSE!!!!!!! Have not been in Bass Pro and spent a dime in years. But unfortunetly I half to go to FTU 2 or 3 times a year for reel parts ONLY. FOOK both of them!

AQUA PIMP

http://www.southwesternparts.com/ and stop going there all together

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          Give me a link Duane!!
          saltytexan same thread name
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post

AQUA PIMP
            there ya go!!! from a fella that fishes for a living! thanks PIMP!
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

That sucks. When I worked there guys would come in and tell the real story how their rod broke (usually slamming it in a tailgate) and they would replace it anyways. Even if times are getting tough that is no excuse to take away a warranty that someone has already paid for.

Comment

That sucks, hopefully you can get it resolved. Remember... the squeaky reel gets the grease. It sucks, but if you ***** and moan enough you can generally get your way.

I go to FTU for 16/0 circle hooks only, but normally end up with a few extra things.

Comment

Hah, I subconsciously wrote "reel" instead of "wheel"... works well enough though

Comment

haah, i thought it was on purpose... lol
                    yea, i am going to just go up there everyday on my lunch break until they give in...

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                    Hah, I subconsciously wrote "reel" instead of "wheel"... works well enough though
                    Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Comment

Thanks Gilbert I will check it out. I need a couple of anti reverse bearing now so I will give them a shot. HA HA FTU just lost $40 bucks for 2 bearings

AQUA PIMP
                      AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

bummer.take all 3 pieces with you each time you go and stand by the rod racks and talk to people LOL.hope you get it resolved
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Looking at where the rod broke I would say it was a bad blank or damaged in that area. I had a Waterloo break in that same area before fighting an 18" Redfish. Jimmy from Waterloo told me by looking at it that it was just a bad blank and had it replaced the next day. If you half to drop that kind on $$$$ again do yourself a favor and go check out the Waterloo Rods, you won't be sorry. Thier customer service is great!

AQUA PIMP
                          AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                            OK.....So if we boycott FTU and Academy, where do we buy equipment?
                            Sorry that happened to you Mikey.
                            Right here on the website
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

No excuse for their actions. I believe ya had a defective blank and that's why it snapped clean. If it was "crushed" it would break all jagged, not clean. Also, if the mofo snapped my rod, I may have snapped his face especially for giving ya chit about an obvious defect. I would write a letter to Dan D. Meyer, President of Cut Rate and explain what happened and how the guy then snapped it again to show you what a break looks like. I did that about 20 years ago to Allstar -the reel seat came loose on two rods I had-I put in my letter that they must be using saltwater soluble glue since twice they came free from the blank twice-first time I super glued it, second time, I got mad and I said I wasn't driving to SE Austin (Telge Rd.) to replace them on my lunch hour which they offered to do. They called me and wanted the two rods and asked what 2 rods I wanted to replace them with and they'd UPS them to office-they did, and did not pick up old ones, so got two new rods and kept old ones.

Write a well-written, formal business-like letter and I bet it works. Address is
                              DAN D. MEYER
                              President of Cut Rate Sporting Goods Inc.
                              12800 GULF FREEWAY
                              HOUSTON , TX 77034
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                                Right here on the website
                                greenie for you coe
                                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                                X