Braided line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided line

Ive never used braided line before and been thinking about trying it on a shimano spinning reel. What do you guys think and what brand should i use?
    One...Bad...Arse...Mothertruckn...Angler...

I've been using 30 lb. Fins Windtamer in a baitcaster.

Comment

Braided line

I use 20-30# power pro on my baitcasters. Heck, I'll even use the academy brand. I just put some 20# on one of my spinners and really like it so far.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I love the hookset capabilities of braid but to me it ain't worth the casting troubles, them lil knots are tuff to get out.My fish like 12lb big game just fine.

Comment

Make sure you have a backing of mono, and pack the braid on the spool very tight, other wise you will have a mess on your hands the first time you set the hook or get hung. I use spider wires, ez braid in 10lb. and 30lb. Depending on the situation.
          Son of the Republic

Comment

so it'll still bird nest in a spinning reel too

Comment

if you fill it too full you risk getting a loop knot. As long as you leave about 1/8th inch off the spool edge you'll be ok.

for the spinner I like Fins XS extra smooth...
              TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Suffix Performance in 20# (not the 386 or whatever) is what I use exclusively and love it. Spray with Real Magic occasionally (also your reel) to keep it new. Ditto on all the other suggestions about braid.
                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Also....keep a pair of tweezers on 'ya for picking out birds nests.
                  Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                  "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
                    I've been using 30 lb. Fins Windtamer in a baitcaster.
                    Same here. I've been using it for a few years now and really like it.
                    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Re: Braided line

Power pro 65-12# is what i use but i don't have spinners

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2
                      I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

I've been using PowerPro for years but am thinking about buying Momoi Diamond Braid. For big fish like shark and black drum, PowerPro has been known to fail. If you are prone to wind knots, which some just are and no explainin', get the Wind Tamer.

Comment

20# fins windtamer for me on baitcasters and I also have it on a couple of spinners for the kids. Love it!
                          sigpic
                          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks you guys will be picking up a spool, and getting ready for the weekend

Comment

I love it on my spinning reels. I use 10# suffix and I've never had a problem. I throw a 20# 3' mono leader on it though. I don't like braid on my baitcasters. Tangles and knots too much. I get to impatient. But I love it on my spinning gear and I also use braid on my heavy gear for sharks and kingfish and such. # test for those depends on what I'm targeting.
                              You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Working...
                              X