Chocolate Bay spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caz View Post
    if i ever get a trip booked, i want to book one with her..

http://www.saltwaterassault.net/photo_gallery/618.jpg
    Shes not sporting the cutoff sleeves like AP though.. what gives??

Comment

I kinda-sorta meet Capt. Francis today, tall dude and a nice guy.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Thanks from me as well !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

[quote=aqua pimp;31088]Here are a few wading spots. Areas in yellow are shorelines with a pretty good bottom but becareful there are some soft spots. Areas in red are shell pads. There are a few shell pads scattered along the shorelines some I have marked, the good ones anyway. When wading Chocolate I spend most of my time on the shell pads, they produce a ton of Trout. When wading shorelines in Chocolate I am mainly fishing for Reds or in the fall I'm chasing Flounder. During the fall I will wade the shorelines with topwaters for Trout. Thats about the only time. I personally would rather be at the pass throwing tops than on the Chocolate shorelines. In the winter time I would rather be on the Chocolate shorelines in areas with a softer bottom looking for Trout. The area around new Bayou can be good if the tides are up. Last November and December we smoked the fish in here. Good spot to be at with high northerly winds. Water will hold up visibilty wise and the bait will be there. Had a few good days last year grinding this spot with 20 to 25 mph north winds. The shell reefs in Chocolate produce pretty much all year for me. Late Dec, Jan, and Feb are about the only months I don't fish them. Super Spook Jrs in Bone or the Jimmy Houston pattern, blue/chrome, char/pearl, or black/char She Dogs are some of my favorite Topwaters on the Choc mid bay reefs. A plum/char Assassins is always a deadly color for the reefs. Firetiger, Redshad, and Pumpkinseed are always good for me there too.

AQUA PIMP

Accurate Info!!!
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
            All I know is, I would have never given that much info out.

He must of worked all night and is having a early happy hour.

AP knows his stuff, and his maps are right on.
            I hear ya, but like the old saying. So many places to fish and so little time.Which is what most of us face. You can give up the spots but most people dont have the time to sit on those spots and if they did they know about them any way!!!

Take a Kid Fishing
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Thanks for the information Greg! You marked some of my best drifting spots in Chocolate, there are lots of guts that run east/west if you are drifting south over the shell pads. Popping cork and shrimp have been producing quality fish lately.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

thanks AP
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                X