Comment

Re: Joining CCA?

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
      communist bastages!
      Who likes my avatar?
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        Plus It'd kill me not to take their money if i caught a qualifying fish.
        I'll be damned if I miss that acceptance speech

Comment

Joining CCA?

Ha! We used to use an exacto knife and cut the letter t off of those. All out trucks said "ho".
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
            Oh, you mean like the Galveston Bay Foundation?
            Yeah, like that. I'm a member but I bet there aren't many of the "I hate CCA" that support it financially. I'm the one that made the call and got them involved in the dredging debacle.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I certainly will not tell you how to spend your hard earned greenbacks. I haven't been a member in over a decade and still have no intentions of re-joining. Most argue that it would be ashame to catch a winning fish and not be entered; that is a certainly a valid point. However, I'd rather catch the winning fish and have the opportunity to speak in defense of the "regular fishing guy" and tell them and their political machine exactly WHY I didn't want to be a member. Back when and then, GCCA was entirely Texas based, it was a great organization. Gills nets got banned and things got done through a grass roots effort. You could see the results. Then someone figured how to make $$$ off the time and effort of others. During this time the previous results of hardwork made the top leaders a little power crazy. Consequently, the organization began moving deeper into politics and encompassing other coastal areas. While there may power in numbers, I don't it is my place to lobby or tell the folks over in Florida, NC, Louisianna, or other states how to fish or what to fish for. These are only my opinions and are endorsed by me. Just do what you want.

Past executive committee member.

Comment

u say that now but when u box a tagged fish, u will be sick to ur stomach. my fishin buddy got one a few years back and STILL is sick to his stomach for not joinng it.
                if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

Bumper sticker en route ... No sense in thinking what might have been if you were to catch a tagged one over $25

Comment

Working...
                  X