No announcement yet.

Oysters ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info there RC.....seems as a youngster I might have had my growth stunted. But heck there were plenty of wrong things done in the 70's

Comment

Plugger if you add 1 tablespoon of non iodized salt to each quart before freezing they thaw out so that you cant even tell the difference.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by walkinwader View Post
        Good info there RC.....seems as a youngster I might have had my growth stunted. But heck there were plenty of wrong things done in the 70's
        These maps have changed over the years. I was shocked when I saw that Christmas Bay was closed to oysters. It has been several years since I looked at them. Christmas had the cleanest water of ALL bays on the Texas coast for decades. My Dad and I use to harvest oysters there all the time.

Comment

If any of you ever get the chance. real deal, Grand Isle Oysters are tough to beat!

Comment

Originally posted by ibtsoom View Post
            plugger if you add 1 tablespoon of non iodized salt to each quart before freezing they thaw out so that you cant even tell the difference.
            thanks ! I do that with water in a ziplock bag when freezing fish , squeeze out water when closing so there is no air in the bag . I hear the vacuum seal works best . Wow , i'm really happy to learn this about freezing oysters and their quality after doing so .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Imagine the same thing about salt when vacuum sealing works....?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

1 gallun zipper locks with oysters spread their own depth and especially in their own sweet juices!! No extra water or lemon juice allowed. No air either.Lay on cookie sheet 1 bag thick and freeze solid. Gotta use pretty quickly though.

Cannot beat fresh snot fish!!
                "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Working...
                X