Chocolate Bay's Long Reef Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
    I've always been told the one running from the channel towards Hall's lake is long reef. Was told this years ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    You're wrong . Where do I start ? Oh , are you referring only to Long Reef ?
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

You two can go with me in my boat . I'm about freed up to go fish .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Kyle stop pulling out all of the damn poles...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Not me jack !!

Comment

I know it's the wrong time of year for this advice, but put it in your toolbox for a while and pull it out when the time comes. In deep winter (Dec, Jan & Feb), the morning low tides get really stong and especially if you find a day with a strong N/NW wind, it will really drain the water from Chocolate Bayou and Bay. The water get's pretty clear, too and this is the perfect time to head out and spend a few hours exploring. Several of the reefs are now exposed and visible. Take your GPS and mark the spots. Take a notepad and make notes about references to buoys, landmarks, etc. Several of these reefs are not very visible in the spring and summer when the water is much higher and are great to fish.

For now, as suggested, take your time drifting or trolling if you have a trolling motor, and you can get around pretty easy. On a high tide, most (not all) of those reefs are a few feet deep and you can get over them with relative ease even indeep draft boat.
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
              You're wrong . Where do I start ? Oh , are you referring only to Long Reef ?
              Lol! You the man, my friend.

Comment

Working...
              X