Star Tourney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pieman,
    This is what I found with a quick look. http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...9#.VVurmVyitEw
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Thanks for posting the link, Kenny. I guess I can appreciate how someone would disagree with how CCA spends their money given that almost 60% appears to be spent on "Advocacy"... but I'll maintain that $50 ($30 for CCA membership, $20 for STAR) is a heck of a deal for a summer's worth of fun and an opportunity to win some cool stuff.

CCA ranked well ahead of DU and I've been giving them money for 3 decades with no chance to win anything.

To each his own.

-FP

Comment

Yes , even a blind hog will find a acorn every now and again .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I was planning on entering my wife and myself this year, I sure could use a new truck and boat combo. I never have entered a fishing tourney before, mostly because I never had alot of luck fishing without a boat so, I'm hoping my luck has turned around now.
          As far as where the money goes, it doesn't really matter to me, I mean the fast food industry for example makes billions of dollars profit every year and they don't help the community at all other than minimum wage jobs, and they are steadily raising their prices but I still stop in and eat a couple times a week. My point is were all here to make money......and fish. Now if they say they use the money for conservation and such and and they just pocket the money then yeah they can suck it and we can protest the tourney instead of entering it.
          Last edited by grown in Tx; May 20, 2015, 04:40 AM.
          Green grass and high tides forever
          Mike Mathena

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
            pieman,
            This is what I found with a quick look. http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...9#.VVurmVyitEw

Thank you!

Comment

In it to win it!!!!

Well, Hopefully

Comment

Working...
              X