No announcement yet.

Wading boot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are better boots for more money, but I continue to buy the reef boots and use with Crack Shot guards. High socks are necessary for sure to avoid the chafing. I had the discussion with "Never Last" and got nowhere. For the last few Christmases my mom gets me these boots in a size for use with waders. I wear out the larger pair I wear in the winter on the shell. The smaller pair I wear when wet wading last a few years.
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bmftom View Post
      She’ll eats them up fast! I bought a pair of the ray guard boots in November, in January the right one fell apart while I was walking on shell. Ended up with the shell tearing into the neoprene of my waders on the way back in. Called forever last, they have a 30 day warranty. I understand wear and tear, but how does something named ”forever last,” only last a little over a month. Either way, they don’t last. I tried to save some money on a pair of boots and now I have a pair of tore up Simms waders.
      Oh man that makes my stomach turn!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IMO the boots with the guards are freaking heavy and irritate. I bought a pair years ago; wore them twice and threw them in the barn and ended up giving them away. If you just got to have guards you can just buy the velcro snake guards to fit over your wading shoes for a lot less and pull them off when you get back in the boat.

Comment

I do own a pair of these and I agree they are heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What ever shoe you decided to wear, get a neoprene sock of some sort (magellen makes a cheaper knock off of the Simms - it's thinner but probably does the job)... I think they are 19, the Simms (much thicker) are $30. They last a long time and will keep tiny shards of shell and sand out of your feet and keep that stuff from chaffing your ankles. Those canvas boots are fine to start with, last about a season.. it's not worth the trouble to sew eyelets back onto them. The zip up scuba booty / reef boot will last a little longer and depending on how much you fish with them they might last several years unless you are walking oyster. Oyster cuts almost everything up anyway. Those zip up boots will last a while if you only wade sand with them. The neoprene socks are also still my goto wearing the booties as well for the best comfort. I know spending $30 for a pair of socks seems expensive but the sand and shell bits will devour regular socks pretty fast and the neoprene socks will last forever.. I'm still using a pair I bought long ago.. over 10years ago.

I use the Simms Salt Vapors as well, but its fine to start with what you are.
            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
            X