Epic SNOOKIN'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic SNOOKIN'

Y'all may remember my post awhile back about how the Snook population on the upper coast is booming. Well, I have hooked 6(landed3) in the past few days. I believe this is going to be a great Summer!!!
    Attached Files
    "Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."
    -John Wayne

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3411.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	56288325 1/2"
    -John Wayne

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3407.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	562884This was my PB-28" 6.26lbs. I hooked 5 today, only landed 2.
      -John Wayne

Comment

Wow, That's Cool
        Bucket list Fish for Sure

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sisco Kid View Post
          Bucket list Fish for Sure
          Same! Would love to catch one of those.

-FP

Comment

Nice fish . Definitely a fish on my wish list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang, to think I'm going all the way to Florida to catch one soon.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Awesome!! Bucket list for me too.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

That's awesome! I was shocked when I read your post a while back, as I had no idea we even had snook in this area. Are these mainly being caught back in the bayous off west or chocolate bay? Without divulging your "secret spots" I am just trying to get a rough idea what areas the snook are found.

Comment

I'm fishing up the bayou way past Lutes- 1-4 fow near some big curves/bends in the Bayou near deeper water and look for mullet. Wind blown areas that push bait against the bank. They like wood cover too. A lot like Bass fishing flipping and pitching into cover.
                    -John Wayne

Comment

Like Chacolate Spring area?

Is it safe to run a skiff up there ?
                      Or yak only?

Comment

Wow! Epic is right! Way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Darn, this thread could have saved me a thousand bucks!!!!

The week of the flood here in Houston, I was in TN. I had previously made reservations to go to Florida to catch one of the two remaining fish on my bucket list....a SNOOK. I flew to Tampa; rented a car and met my guide. We fished for about five hours and I wound up with ONE SKINNY SNOOK. By the time I added up the airplane flight; rental car; hotel; guide etc. I was into the skinny thing for ten Benjamins.

I had considered just driving to South Padre and chasing a snook there, but I was told that the snook frequent that area from May to September. Those are the months that we are in TN.

Looks like I'll have a shot at one here for a while.

Thanks for posting. richg99

Comment

I'm doing something similar. But I gotta be cheap about it. Driving from MS to FLA. Couch surfing at one of my college buddy's casa. Oh, and he's got his own boat. He grew up in Punta Gorda, so he knows where to find them. I'll have to post up on this thread if I'm able to bring one in. He says it'll be TOUGH to find a keeper as the slot is very thin.
                            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by richg99 View Post
                              Darn, this thread could have saved me a thousand bucks!!!!

The week of the flood here in Houston, I was in TN. I had previously made reservations to go to Florida to catch one of the two remaining fish on my bucket list....a SNOOK. I flew to Tampa; rented a car and met my guide. We fished for about five hours and I wound up with ONE SKINNY SNOOK. By the time I added up the airplane flight; rental car; hotel; guide etc. I was into the skinny thing for ten Benjamins.

I had considered just driving to South Padre and chasing a snook there, but I was told that the snook frequent that area from May to September. Those are the months that we are in TN.

Looks like I'll have a shot at one here for a while.

Thanks for posting. richg99
                              It's not a sure thing to catch one as if you go targeting them here-Just go about fishing as normal for Trout, Reds, and Flounder and keep grinding. My opinion is when the water temp gets warmer, the chance to catch one goes up. Same with the baby Tarpon.
                              -John Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X