No announcement yet.

Epic SNOOKIN'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I might get one shot at finding the elusive Snook in Texas this year.

I'll be heading out before it gets much warmer. If I were to go mid-week next week, how safe is the parking at 2004? I've heard, over the years, both warnings and "don't worry".

thanks, richg99

Comment

I've never had a problem but I have a older('99 F-150) truck so I guess that helps, lol. Next week should be better after all these Bull tides, seems like the fish are scattered more on a super high tide.
      "Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."
      -John Wayne

Comment

Thanks, I hope to give it a try. rich

Comment

#4- 26"
          Attached Files
          -John Wayne

Comment

Sweet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! I didn’t know we had snook in these waters ! I never heard of them being caught anywhere here . Why do you think they are in chocolate bayou ?
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                Wow! I didn’t know we had snook in these waters ! I never heard of them being caught anywhere here . Why do you think they are in chocolate bayou ?
                Not sure. Global warming? Freezing events further south? I've been catching them for a couple of years and I'm enjoying my on little piece of heaven for now, lol!
                -John Wayne

Comment

Some 10 year old kid upstream had an aquarium full of them and dumped it into the bayou.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3474.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	562887#5- 23"
                    -John Wayne

Comment

How many will you catch in one area? Is it a one and done or will they stack up?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck06R1 View Post
                        How many will you catch in one area? Is it a one and done or will they stack up?
                        I got lucky a couple weeks ago and hooked several in one area- I've fished that spot 3 times this week, nada. So I'm going with being at the right place at the right time. Just grind it out and you might get lucky.
                        -John Wayne

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3490.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	562890#6 22 3/4" caught last Sunday
                          -John Wayne

Comment

Cool. Just curious if, from your experience, you felt they were territorial like bass. I hooked into something in the bayou but couldn't get it to the boat. It pulled like a red but spit the hook before I could get it to the boat. Went back a week later to the same spot, same result.

Comment

Working...
                            X