Hogs at San Luis Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogs at San Luis Pass

Anyone heard of some flounder gigger being attacked by hogs at the Pass? Got an email from my son that was in the Kemah paper. Don't know how to get it from the email to here or I'd do it. Just a warnin' to all cause you nevah know what might be lurking out of the lantern light.

Hogs

Nothing suprises me! I have come up on a pack of 50 or so Coyotes in the Diversionary canal, alligators, giant gar, and a few mean bulls coming out of the darkness at 2 am is a liitle scary as well. Gater

Comment

I call boolcheet.
      Been out there eleventybillion times at night and have never seen a hog. Coyotes, alligators, snakes, yep. Hogs no.
      Besides hogs run away unless you're jacking with them like messing with the piglets or something.
      Pics or GTFO.
      West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Yeah I might believe the diversion but I dont know about SLP. seems too developed for piggies. Now if we were talking matty I would say there's a possibility because there are tons of hogs out there
        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Maybe Moonpie, but no hogs, unless Moonpie is catching/hogging flounder! Seen rattlesnakes, gators, coyotes but never a pig-maybe 1 got free instead of being thrown on the pit-oh, wait, no fires allowed.

Maybe the Toll trolls changed cats into pigs???
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Ive never seen them or signs of them there.i did see 5 or 6 over off the gravel road by seawolf park a couple years ago.
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Just got the same email from a friend, read below.

Local man in night-time attack by wild boars at San Luis Pass:
              A.C. Adams was flounder gigging on the back side of San Luis Pass last week with
              his cousin. His cousin had gone to the truck to drink more beer as it was a slow night
              of gigging. A.C. was approximately 100 yards from shore when he heard some loud
              splashing coming towards him. He said it was very unnerving because it was so dark
              outside of the lanterns’ perimeter. All at once two large vicious hogs in approximately
              16 inches of water started attacking him. He immediately lashed out with his flounder
              gig and started stabbing a hog. As it made a piercing scream in anger and agony, the
              second hog cut him in the leg with his tusk while biting him. A.C. screamed for help
              toward the bank at his cousin who never responded. A.C. then turned with the gig
              stabbing the second hog and the fight was on. One hog knocked him down to his
              knees and bit him on the forearm. A.C. told me, “At first I could not believe this was
              happening and then I thought these hogs were going to kill me.” He got back up stabbing
              at the hogs over and over as they were snapping at him. Finally, one hog went
              down and lay in the water squealing. That left him one on one with the larger hog.
              The big boar would not give up and the fight lasted for two to three more minutes with
              Mr. Adam’s stabbing the hog twenty-five to thirty more times before it went down. He
              limped back to the truck and got his pistol. He woke up his drunken cousin who had
              passed out in the truck and they waded back out with the intention of finishing off
              both hogs. When they got back out there the hogs were dead. They tied ropes to the
              hogs and dragged them up to the bank. They got the hogs loaded into the back of the
              truck and stopped by the hospital where A.C. Adams received twenty-one stitches in
              his left leg, eight stitches in his right leg, six stitches on his forearm and a tetanus
              shot. Here is a picture of A.C. Adams with his two hogs that he gigged while floundering
              in West Bay.

LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Where's the pic? What happened to the hogs? Sounds like "flying pigs" kinda to me!!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yep, thats the one. Pic kinda grainy, but will try to PM Explorer with it.

Comment

This is real, not fake. Dude killed 'em with his flounder gig. They cut his leg and chomped his arm pretty good.
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Here is the article
                      http://seabreezenews.com/back%20issues/1004-Apr_2010/Page_01c.pdf

Comment

Why couldn't they be at the pass? I have seen them around Chocolate bay before. I have seen them on the ICW across from Oyster Lake, thats right near the pass. Piggies can swim.

AQUA PIMP
                        AQUA PIMP......
                        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I've never seen sign of them on Mud Island, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were there.
                          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I've seen them before out there! BS to anyone that doesn't think an alligator or hog will come over there! I carry my 40 on me for a reason people self defense.. I've been charged by hogs before... I was yelling kicking & screaming they don't care... Most of my encounters are out in Wallisville where they are THICK! But have seen many up Chocolate & SLP area
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

NO WAY...a hog came out and attacked a man in the dark standing in a foot an a half of water a couple hundred yard out the bay at the pass; hogs don't act like that, they'll fight if cornered or wounded or a sow with babies, but otherwise unless you are running them with dogs most of the time you wont even know when they are around, especially at night..they run first and fight if they have to...I've done quite a bit of running hogs w/ dogs up in East Texas, my dads got a Kerr dog, Plott hound a couple of big Airedales for catch dogs.

Just my opinion but I think there is more to the story than what got printed in the SeaBreeze news...I don't think any self respecting hog is going to let you stick him 30 times with a flounder gig on open ground????

Comment

Working...
                              X