No announcement yet.

Junbile cove dredging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 million. Geeez sounds like a waste of tax money to me!!
    Capt Craig Lambert
    832-338-4570

Comment

Originally posted by capt mullet View Post
      I don't know much about this project, but they used to dredge for about a buck a cubic yard ... now it is up to 6 or 7 bucks a yard because of all the insurance, regulations, and lawsuits - lots of Worker's Comp lawsuits too. And any special work like planting eel grass or whatever is bid at several hundred bucks an hour plus the cost of the plants! It's about the going rate, just saying.

Doesn't sound right, does it? I looked into buying a dredge and found some for way less than a million, and you could pay off the rig in two or three jobs. There again, us ole rednecks 'n' hippies and ole salts would get-r-done cheap like the old days, the Texas way.

Say, where's the icon for the Texas flag?

sammie

Comment

I ran over 2-3 geotubes this past weekend I didn't even blink or release the throttle
        That's one of the ways beer will help ya' navigate around West Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by capt mullet View Post
          Dang those mullet hugging liberals.

I really hope it does for the back of Jumbile what the tubes did for the back of Snake Island Cove.
          Honk if you love Jesus.
          Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

does anyone know how /where to get a drawing or map of the restoration layout of finished sand berms/cord grass currently being dreged/erected on both sides of Jamaica Beach?

Comment

Check the G.L.O. site.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                Check the G.L.O. site.
                I checked and couldn't find a plan or print image anywhere. I emailed my pen pal Mr. Dennis Rocha at the GLO and asked for a blue print map, something. He's in charge of this project.
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Cool Kenny-thanks. My GF I met because the GLO folks-was working in Austin and know the folks at GLO pretty well (many years-about 25) and would have totties after work and saw her-hey, maybe they owe me now for all the bull....... I put up with???
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                  X