DOA shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOA shrimp

DOAs are portrayed as the end all-be all, pinnacle of fishing lure technology in magazines but I have yet to catch a fish on one of them.

I have tried the plum chart and white/pink. Anyone use them as their "go-to?"

only luck I really have on DOA's is under a popping cork with plenty of popping action.

Comment

I'm still trying to catch a fish with one too...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

My wife caught one red in Halls Lake under a popping cork with a DOA shrimp two years ago. Nothing else on them since then.

bouy

Comment

I did a side by side popping cork test with gulp penny under one, and a DOA on the other. Nothing even touched the DOA, compared to the GULP that gets molested and mutilated. The scent in gulp is so crazy that even if the tail gets bitten off, fish will still hit the hook with just the head attached. Amazing stuff.

Comment

I never caught anything on one either.

Comment

Mine broke after 2 trout 1 dink and 1 17" The dink is actually the one that broke it too.

Comment

Gulp is good stuff!

Comment

I almost feel guilty using gulp I have caught fish and they were still chewing them when I brought them in the boat.

Funny story. The biggest flounder I ever caught (caught at jones lake) was caught on a red gummy worm under a popping cork and the flounder was really chewing that gummy worm up. And when I say gummy worm I mean the candy.

Comment

Gulp is waaaay better than DOA

Comment

Gummy Candy-cool Sublimesurf!! Wonder what a licorice stick would catch?!!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

get robalo to tell you what gulps remind him of.

Comment

try armour treat,it catches triggers and mutton snaps offshore
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                            get robalo to tell you what gulps remind him of.
                            Spoiled Snapper?

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                              Spoiled Snapper?
                              Pay the man Shirley..lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X