Diversionary Canal.......Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyGdaICON View Post
    X2 instead of paddling out that far he should hit up that marsh once he goes through the little canal there, i've caught plenty of reds from that area..
    Thanks for all of yalls input, like I said im pretty new to saltwater fishing so im just in need of places that I can find fish and that are easily accesible and safe to go, not trying to rob anyone of spots just need a bit of help on where to go.
    Thanks

Comment

You can launch off the end of Sportsman's road or the boat ramp along the way and fish Confederate reef. You can also launch into Eckerd's bayou off Settegast road. Como Lake from the old Pirates Beach launch. All of these are off Stewart road on the west end of Galveston.

Comment

If you launch in the canal from Hitchcock, keep en eye on the tides. Hitting the D-canal during high tide both reds and trout patrol the grasslines on each side of the canal. Getting to the bay from the launch is roughly 5 miles. A little over halfway down in another road/bridge that I see people fishing from all the time, if you can get there and launch you just cut your time in half or better. There is another branch comming off the D-canal that goes back in a ways as well.

The D-canal ranges from 5-12 feet from the launch to the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Gray Ducker View Post
          If you launch in the canal from Hitchcock, keep en eye on the tides. Hitting the D-canal during high tide both reds and trout patrol the grasslines on each side of the canal. Getting to the bay from the launch is roughly 5 miles. A little over halfway down in another road/bridge that I see people fishing from all the time, if you can get there and launch you just cut your time in half or better. There is another branch comming off the D-canal that goes back in a ways as well.

The D-canal ranges from 5-12 feet from the launch to the bay.
          Thanks for your help.
          Haha yeah I wouldnt mine paddling a mile or two but 5 and back haha I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
            Thanks for your help.
            Haha yeah I wouldnt mine paddling a mile or two but 5 and back haha I dont think so.
            Its a really tough paddle too. Its a fun ride back though

Yes, the harborwalk bridge is a bad place, I dont plan on taking that risk anymore. Lots of bad people on weekends.

Comment

Working...
            X