Blockade Runners Sept. 10-12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners Sept. 10-12th

Heading out late Friday if the weather agrees. Plan to have 2112 and his bud as well as Reeltime and his budette. That puts us full for beds, but there's always a little space in the Cave on the air mattresses. If anyone wants to come out, just lemme know.

If anyone can bring a BIG drill, I sure could use it to put in the bolts underneath the camp. That's something that should have been done almost a year ago. I also plan on putting up whatever trim we have left in the bedroom. That's not a big job though. Our paint will be arriving on the 17th, so we're going to need to do some caulking and such to begin getting ready for it. She's going to be Rebel Gray with Confederate Red trim.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Use the impact and shoot bolts through both sides. Much easier and you have threads that bite coming in on both sides and you won't have to drill all the way through.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but not enough meat for that.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Nice color scheme...if I wasn't going to Mexico I'd come help you.
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Well, Reeltime and partner are out due to work overflow, but he'll be comin' out again as soon as it slows down a bit. That opens up 2 beds.

Comment

Confusion on my part to.
            Sean is to fly in from Seattle around the17-18th.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
            Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

No problem Bert. Tres is coming in that weekend and I was hoping Ibtsoom could make it out then too. There could be one heckuva jam session on the porch that weekend.

Well y'all, I'm now flying solo unless VJER wants in. Got the big TV workin' for your Texans game on Sunday.

Comment

I might be good for the 18th weekend Sandy -- Looking like work is gonna keep me in town. Was supposed to go dove hunting but I might have to cancel. Still up in the air at the moment.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I'd like to make it out, i'll have to ask the parents.

I need to get away...
                  Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Primer, I'm about to hit the sack. As of now it looks like I'm solo. I'll probably not head out tomorrow unless someone is with me. That puts me out there early Saturday morning. Just let me know if you can come out. Looks like it'll just be you and me unless someone else pipes up.

Comment

How bad have the skeeters been?
                      Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

The skeeters haven't been bad at all, but with all the rain that's come recently, I'll bet that changes big time. Looks like Flandy and a crew are coming out in the AM. I'll likely have to make 2 trips to get everyone and the stuff out there. I'm going to leave the house no later than 8am. That puts me down there at 9am. Should be fun. - Sandy

Comment

I like the paint idea ..... good thinking . Or , just paint the Rebel battle flag on each side !!
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Got a full house tonight. 4 keeper reds were consumed for dinner along with pork loin, boiled cwabbies, jambalaya, and Primer's brisket. Gooooood stuff. No work done today, save for the reclaimation of a sinker piling found near the dock. Tomorrow morning should be productive since everyone sacked out by 11pm. I'm sittin' cool and comfy in the cave. The skeeters are pretty bad outside and I don't expect them to get better by next weekend.

We should get the bedroom trimmed out tomorrow and these college kids are darn useful as long as you feed them, so I'm sure I'll find them something to do. LOL. Today they took the pirogue out and actually cleaned it when they brought it back. I like that. - Sandy

Comment

me and some girls from the bar puttered by about 2 hours ago and saw no signs of life.. will try to roll back by 2morrow afternoon...
                              Boats and hoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X