Blockade Runners Sept. 10-12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caz View Post
    me and some girls from the bar puttered by about 2 hours ago and saw no signs of life.. will try to roll back by 2morrow afternoon...
    I call BS.

Dude, any time you come by, just knock on the door. You oughta know dat.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Got to the dock on Saturday morning and met up with Flandy and 3 of his buds from school. Brought out 3 mattresses and an easy chair with their help. Primer arrived right after we got the first load of stuff delivered. I felt like a grandpaw with all the young fellers out there. Zero work was accomplished on Saturday, save for the sinker piling the boys re-claimed. Everyone had a good time and Primer got some time running the Blockade Runner. I sat and watched until it was time to start dinner.

Now the college boys hadn't planned to spend the night, so all they had brought with them was some bologna and cheese. I had used all the sausage I had to make them jambalaya for lunch. Now it looked like we'd have a serious lack of protein at supper. I reckoned we'd stretch what we had out as far as possible, and there would always be peanut butter. Then bam, bam, bam, bam. The boys caught 4 keeper reds in quick succession. Primer cleaned their catch and onto the grill they went. Good stuff, and just in the nick of time.

After dinner they set up the lights, but all the college boys crashed immediately. The skeeters were pretty rough anyway, so Primer and I sat up for a while hangin' out in the Cave.

In the morning, I was last to wake up. Surprise right? I got breakfast going and finally had it finished up by the time Flandy and crew had to leave. Primer stuck around for a couple more hours, but then it was just me. I got to work in a big way, clearing and cleaning out the Cave and the bedroom. VJER had found a rotten spot on the floor of the bedroom, so I cut it up some and got an idea of how much plywood we'll need to fix it. I popped in a bunch of trim and tried my hand at some carpentry. I worked solid without a break for 6 hours and really saw a difference. I hated leaving when I did because I still felt like I had 2 more hours of work to do. But I knew the sunset meant SKEETERS! Boy howdy, they almost carried me away at the ramp.

This week will be a long one out at the camp, with Tres and VJER headed out on Thursday. We should be able to get the rest of the walls up, finish the trim, and fix the floor. Then on to the next projects: Bunk beds, painting, and eventually a generator shed.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
        Got to the dock on Saturday morning and met up with Flandy and 3 of his buds from school. Brought out 3 mattresses and an easy chair with their help. Primer arrived right after we got the first load of stuff delivered. I felt like a grandpaw with all the young fellers out there. Zero work was accomplished on Saturday, save for the sinker piling the boys re-claimed. Everyone had a good time and Primer got some time running the Blockade Runner. I sat and watched until it was time to start dinner.

Now the college boys hadn't planned to spend the night, so all they had brought with them was some bologna and cheese. I had used all the sausage I had to make them jambalaya for lunch. Now it looked like we'd have a serious lack of protein at supper. I reckoned we'd stretch what we had out as far as possible, and there would always be peanut butter. Then bam, bam, bam, bam. The boys caught 4 keeper reds in quick succession. Primer cleaned their catch and onto the grill they went. Good stuff, and just in the nick of time.

After dinner they set up the lights, but all the college boys crashed immediately. The skeeters were pretty rough anyway, so Primer and I sat up for a while hangin' out in the Cave.

In the morning, I was last to wake up. Surprise right? I got breakfast going and finally had it finished up by the time Flandy and crew had to leave. Primer stuck around for a couple more hours, but then it was just me. I got to work in a big way, clearing and cleaning out the Cave and the bedroom. VJER had found a rotten spot on the floor of the bedroom, so I cut it up some and got an idea of how much plywood we'll need to fix it. I popped in a bunch of trim and tried my hand at some carpentry. I worked solid without a break for 6 hours and really saw a difference. I hated leaving when I did because I still felt like I had 2 more hours of work to do. But I knew the sunset meant SKEETERS! Boy howdy, they almost carried me away at the ramp.

This week will be a long one out at the camp, with Tres and VJER headed out on Thursday. We should be able to get the rest of the walls up, finish the trim, and fix the floor. Then on to the next projects: Bunk beds, painting, and eventually a generator shed.
        Well I cleaned the first 3, someone seriously messed up the fourth red.

Had a good time Sandy, probably the last time i'm going to be out there for a while.
        Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Where can we look at the pictures from last weekend?

Comment

When I find the wire, you'll be the first to know.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
              When I find the wire, you'll be the first to know.

I'm not coming back unless my man Flandy is there... dude is a fish magnet! LOL

Yo Flandy, you catch that game last night???

Comment

It's strange that I didn't take ANY pics last weekend.. I usually take atleast one.
                Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Sorry i didnt reply guys my computer is poopin on me lol sounds good sandy! Funk the cowboys are really makin me depressed man! its sad to see em playin like they do!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X