Blockade Runners Sept. 16th-19th Invite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners Sept. 16th-19th Invite

Tres is coming down from Waco on Thursday and heading out to the camp with VJER Vic. They'll finish out the interiors in the Cave and the bedroom. Then perhaps get to fixing the floor in the bedroom. I'm sure they'd be happy for a hand if anyone wants to go out.

I'll arrive on Friday evening after work and stay through Sunday afternoon. I'll bring the materials for bunk beds and if we get to that, it'll be another big move. If all this gets done, we'll have a living room again, for the first time in 2 years.

Beyond the work to be done, I hope we can have plenty of fun. Tres will play Bert's guitar and I have an intrumental surprise to bring out as well. It should be a good listen.

Bert has indicated that he'll be out on Saturday night with his buddy Sean. That puts us with 1 bed available that night in the cold bedroom. I think we could put 3 more in the cool cave as well. We now have that many real mattresses. I hope Ibtsoom can come out, if just for the evening.

The skeeters will probably be an issue. Looks like we'll have an east wind and a good chance of rain. So bring your Off cans and clip ons, bring your Thermacells.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Sean and I want to come out Friday evening and get home back in time Sunday to catch the Texans.
    I can bring a Mosquito fogger. I can also bring a acoustic bass guitar to acompany the 6 string. I don't play bass so ask Tres if he'd like to have it available for the weekend.
    I'm thinking, quality sausage and red potatos for the boil or let me know if you'd like something different.
    I'll get back with you on it.
    Dude, I'm real excited about this weekend.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

That would be great Bert! I'd leave the bass at home though. Too much rain forecast and no one to play it, that is unless someone pipes up. - Sandy
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Might come out to see you this weekend, Donna and I are planning on getting SLP or Christmas on Saturday. Hope to see you soon, it has been some time, my friend.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I hope to make it out to our cabin this weekend. If so we'll stop by to see what ya look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Booyah Red View Post
            I hope to make it out to our cabin this weekend. If so we'll stop by to see what ya look like.
            Once you see that, you may turn around.

Comment

What brand of boots were those guys wearing last weekend?I think I'm going to get me a pair. I tried to remember the name but it escapes me now.
              Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

I've always just known them as Cajun Reeboks. Flandy is getting me a pair and I'll let you know.

Comment

Picked up 3 packages of good sausage and 2 sacks of red potatoes.
                  Do we need a sack of charcoal? I've got a bag to bring if you are low.
                  Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I'm glad you said something Bert. We only have half a bag left. Good call!

Comment

Sandy. I'll be on the Island with my buddies from college. I'll bring the Gator-Tail over there Friday and come hangout for the evening. Going to probably grab dinner & gigging equipment and come fish off the dock for a few hours. Can I bring anything? Would that be okay? Ice / beer... Food?
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Coe, Y'all are very welcome. I was wondering if you'd get that far down. Bring what you want to eat/drink. I'm sure we'll have a grill going and you can throw whatever you want to on there or on the stove. The lights should go on after dinner ends and the music is over. I hate firing up the generator before we hear Tres play a few songs. Darn gen noise messes up the experience. Bring your skeeter control devices. I fear they may be heavy. If y'all end up spending the night, that's very cool. Both bedrooms are air conditioned. There is a pillow shortage though. Just give me a call Friday afternoon and let me know when to expect y'all, what your plans are and how many guys you've got with you.

When you arrive, Bert's boat should be on the inside of the dock. Probably best for yours to pull up next to mine. You can probably nudge your bow all the way up to the steps Reeltime built and not even have to get muddy.

Comment

Inside, aye-aye Capt.
                          Coe, I am also bringing walking gear just in case some extras like Tres want to ride.
                          I was going to have Sean drop me off near Bird Island and let him Take Tres or who ever
                          to work the boat.
                          $5 pot for the biggest gigged Flounder? Muaaahh
                          Sandy, ok I got pillows and charcoal and bug fogger and etc.

Comment

The First Transport is Away . . . . .Hoooray!!! (Empire Strikes Back reference.)

Tres and Vic should be there already.

Sounds great Bert!

Comment

Headed out momentarily. Looks like it may rain all night. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X