Hand Fed Hammerhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swells View Post
    Well it's pretty stupid to have your hand between dinner and a hammerhead, but they are quite docile fish and divers swim with them all the time.
    Been there diving.

A bunch of us booked Glovers Reef, Belize, for a week of diving (many years ago), they had a house shark that would feed off the kitchen scraps. The shark would greet us as we came back in from diving. We'd roll out of the boat and swim with him to the dock.

Also, off Isla Mujeres (near Cancun) the nurse sharks wedge themselves under the coral heads and sleep. The water flow through the coral keeps them oxygenated. We made a dive there and petted the nappers.

But, you just don't get between a shark and food, the result ain't pretty.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I use to think them guys catching sharks out of a yak was nuts until I was out fishing for bull reds and hung one.Nothing like a 5ft bull shark afoot away from ya in a yak.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
        I use to think them guys catching sharks out of a yak was nuts until I was out fishing for bull reds and hung one.Nothing like a 5ft bull shark afoot away from ya in a yak.
        Yipes! Gotta watch them chark during the fall run too, I suppose. I've seen bull chark feeding with their mouths open and their eyes closed. Did I say I hated bull chark?

Hammerheads are pets by comparison.

Comment

Wow!! That guy is crazy.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Yikes!!! Thats a BIG shark... Don't think I'd have my hand down there anywhere close. Cool vid though Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
              Tie a chicken around you're neck while you're at it, chris.
              I laughed out loud , BERT . I would have given you green but I just did on Sandy's Longhorn Beetle thing .

That's why young men are soldiers and old men are generals .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X