Blockade Runners Oct. 1st through 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners Oct. 1st through 4th

Headin' out Friday evenin', probably with VJER. I'll be moving the stuff out of the living room and setting the place up as it should be. Saturday morning we'll finish the bunk beds, get the windows wrapped up, and install the screen door. The only thing left to do will be cabinet painting.

Tres will be arriving on Saturday afternoon and I'm sure the music will be flyin' on Saturday night. He'll be pickin' around with a new instrument my late uncle left to me. It's a C.F. Martin baritone ukulele. Sunday I'm sure VJER will head out early to catch the Texans game at home. I plan to begin to make the place ready for exterior paint. Got to do some scrubbin' and caulkin'. I'll be heading home Sunday night, but Tres plans to stay through Monday.

I can almost see myself fishing soon.

By Saturday we'll be able to fit 9 people in real beds. So if'n anyone wants to come out, let me know. - Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Can I wear my Cowboys jersey?!! LOL

Comment

Tres is a Cowboys fan, but I'm fairly certain the rest of us will shun you.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I am just joking. I have more respect for people than that. I would'nt do that. I like the Texans also.

Comment

It really wouldn't be a problem.

Funny story. Last year I watched a Saints game out there. It was foggy, really foggy, and dead still. I ran out on the porch screaming, "WHO DAT! WHO DAT! WHO DAT SAY DAY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS! WHO DAT!" From over in Cold Pass, I hear a guy scream, "COWBOYS! COWBOYS! COWBOYS!" I laughed then. But then they did beat 'em. It was pretty funny when it happened, not so much when the game was over.

Comment

LOL!

Comment

I want to come out and break-in a bunk but I gotta work days this weekend.
              If you are going to be there the following two weekends I'd like to make it.
              Sausage and potatoes sounds good again to me.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Everything's set. Leaving tomorrow afternoon with VJER. Dean and VJER's dad are coming out to fish off the dock on Saturday morning and Tres will be coming out Saturday afternoon. The older folks will leave when Dean has had enough and so far for Saturday night, it's just the 3 of us. Tres will be staying out through Monday and he'll be by himself if anyone wants to join. I may be online at night, but never during the day, so just call if you want to come out. - Sandy

Comment

I'll text you if I can make it by there Sunday.

Comment

No, you will not.

Comment

Hee Hee Flash back
                      NoBama

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                        No, you will not.
                        LMAO

Comment

Man, It's freakin' awesome out here. Tres is playin' and we just had a feast for the books. Fishin' is ok. I have feelin' if we went down the bayou we'd be hammerin' 'em like everyone else. So far a few trout and some NICE reds. Got several projects finished, including the bunk beds and screen door. Got the paint from Bastrop and ready to slap it on in the next couple of weeks. The living room will be a living room again.

Gotta go now, Tres is playing, "Lipstick Promises" one of my all time favorites!

Comment

Just got home. Man, what a weekend. Back to the grindstone for me. Tres is still out there, says he's planning on staying until Tuesday. I'd try to sneak back down there, but grades are due tomorrow and that means a long workday for me tomorrow.

We have a new screen door, the bunk beds are perfect, and we now have a living room again for the first time in over 2 years. We even have a couch and easy chair. Next weekend I'll put in the entertainment center.

Tres hammered the flounder today off the dock. He ran all around chasing fish and caught between 20-25 reds, but none bigger than 15 inches. I made one cast the whole weekend and caught 1 trout. Not a bad hookup rate.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                              Just got home. Man, what a weekend. Back to the grindstone for me. Tres is still out there, says he's planning on staying until Tuesday. I'd try to sneak back down there, but grades are due tomorrow and that means a long workday for me tomorrow.

We have a new screen door, the bunk beds are perfect, and we now have a living room again for the first time in over 2 years. We even have a couch and easy chair. Next weekend I'll put in the entertainment center.

Tres hammered the flounder today off the dock. He ran all around chasing fish and caught between 20-25 reds, but none bigger than 15 inches. I made one cast the whole weekend and caught 1 trout. Not a bad hookup rate.
                              better ratio than mine lately!
                              Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Working...
                              X