Trolling Motor Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
    Check the black ground wire at top left of Willies picture,mine always corroded & would stop the variable from working.That happened many times of resoldering it finally burnt the board & bought the digital conversion kit as the board was no longer available.
    Same here...finally just bought the new digital troll motor and it crapped out faster than the other non digital...go figure!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

You can try to unplug the black wire that is on the left of the switch of the one pictured on bottom right,that one goes down to motor for full speed,see if that will give you variable.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

ok.....Thanks Dawg.....Will try that tomorrow!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

One wire Hook up, Two wires Screw up, Three wires Drag up!!
          Beandaddy

Comment

It sounds like the wiper (red wire in the middle) in the potentiometer (variable speed control) is corroded and is not making contact with the resistive elements. Either replace the pot or try cleaning the innards of the pot with aerosol contact cleaner (radio shack has some, last resort WD40).
            At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Thanks to Dawg for coming by and showing me that I had 2 wires crossed. That fixed it and it is mounted and ready to roll! Gonna have to get it out and do a test run soon!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Glad it was an easy fix,have to thank Willie also for posting a pic of motor. I'm ready for that test run with you,today would have not been a good day,would have needed about 200 more pounds of thrust with the wind today.
                Today is a new day!!

Comment

WTG Dawg....Chip save some trout for us!.good luck!
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                  X